Gunboards Forums banner

Legal right to own 600 guns?

10K views 97 replies 59 participants last post by  AnaxImperator 
#1 ·
#2 ·
These guys really blow my mind. Using his same mentality, we should limit the amount of vehicles we allow on the highway or to be produced period. Its a known fact that with increased cars on the highways, the potential for deadly accidents is increased. But do we limit cars? Nope.

Why don't we just shave a little more off the Constitution? Especially the parts that don't mean very much.

#3 ·
Who cares about how many guns I own if I own them legally?! If I'm breaking the law with just one gun, it makes no difference. Same typical villification of guns by the gun-afraid crowd. Idiot.

#4 ·
heck, I wish I had 600 guns. I am working on it though.

That aside, its one thing to be selling them. But many people in government try to make themselves look good in this type of instance by (basically) slandering the other person.

#5 ·
"Clearly, no reasonable concerned citizen should argue about the right to hoard 600 guns when weighed against the issue of public safety posed by such firepower sitting in the middle of residential community."

(sarcasm on)Come on guys! Think about it! What would happen if he loaded all those guns and fired them at the same time!!!!!(sarcasm off)

#6 ·
A burglars dream !!!!! Bolt action, WW II rifles are very high on their priorty list so I better get an armed guard for my house !!!!!! Mennard is one big jerk ! Shakes in his boots just thinking of 600 guns going off at once and bringing down a whole neighborhood.

regards....(woof, woof) roger

#7 · (Edited)
I wonder if Mr Thomas Mannard (Executive Director, Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence) has more than one butcher knife in his kitchen. What if he had 10, or even a hundred???? How many butcher knifes are too many. What about automobiles (I have 6) how many of these are too many?? The same thing goes with baseball bats, duct tape, phone cords, speaker wire, paper weights and a countless other ‘lethal’ items that could be (and have been) used to undermine public safety and kill people. And as far as being a ‘burglar’s dream’, the same would hold true for a 600 piece coin collection, stamp collection, baseball cards, or Barbie Doll collection. Hell, I’ll bet a 600 piece Pez dispenser collection would bring more money to a burglar. Firearms are usually sold for a fraction of their value because of the stiff consequences of being caught with a stolen firearm, which is serially controlled. Add this to the fact that 600 firearms (even if half are pistols) will weigh nearly 3000 pounds. Not something an amateur burglar would attempt to unload.
But above everything else is the fact that firearms ownership is a protected right and not even Pez dispensers hold that distinction. Beside, at first glance, it looks like this guy was just selling off his ‘personal’ firearms that were left over when the government took away his license for a ‘zoning’ violation. The city of Chicago may have annexed his shop, or he got caught up in the ATF ruling stating you must sell from a storefront. So, he logs all his firearms over to himself, turns in his book to the ATF, waits the required 1-year timeframe to validate that the firearms are now his personal collection, then sells them to private citizens in his own state. Nothing illegal here that I see as far as federal law, but it’s been a while since I have read up 01 dealer responsibilities --- plus, Mundelein may be under Chicago’s control and Illinois is getting pretty strict on gun sales also.

#8 ·
On a lighter note, if they do ever raid Ted's house, I'll drive down and stand around the scene, and when they interview me I'll say, "Well, come to think of it, he DID talk a lot about how he hated the Gov'ment!"...

#9 ·
Quote: "Whether or not Mr. Sonka is found guilty..., we should be asking ourselves whether there should be a legal right to possess more than 600 firearms in a residential neighborhood, regardless of whether they are for sale or part of a personal collection."

Whether there "should be" a legal right to possess more than 600 firearms is well-settled by the U.S. Constitution. For starters, try reading that pesky 2nd Amendment.....you know, the section that reads "[t]he right to KEEP...arms shall not be infringed."

C/

#10 · (Edited)
It is very common for the Chicago fellas to try to influence the northern suburbs. And this is one example. Start small. He is not questioning the legality of owning a firearm...just how many. Whittle away at the rights little by little. M Sonka (never bought from but heard of) allegedly sold to an undercover MEG officer and did not wait the 3 day wait period. Personally, I think its a wash. But, this guy writes this letter with the intent of stirring up fear in the community of Mundelein. I would guess some have called the mayor saying "what can we do to stop this?" M Sonka's neighbors never had a problem with him or his business. But the village did. I noticed how the ATF never got involved...why not? After his FFl expired he continued to sell. The village told him to stop. He did not, so they set it up. Tell me, how would you get rid of 600 guns remaining in your inventory? Give them away...raffle them...donate them...no you sell them. What the heck did the village want him to do with them? Morons, the police chief ok'd his FFL in the first place.

#12 ·
It's a paper in Chicago. What do you expect?

The wealthier residents of major metropolitan areas are hoplophobic, by and large. The nanny-state has warped their minds into seeing crime where the Constitution sees Liberty. They live behind gated communities with private security and extremely fast police response times (because their neighborhood holds most of the donors to the police force and local politicians). It's a glass tower they're comfortable spouting "achievable world peace" and brotherly love. Unfortunately, the reality for most who live in the not so nice part of town, guns are needed to protect life, liberty and the pursuit.

600 guns in a neighborhood = a good start.

#13 ·
The Daily Herald is in Lake County, north of Chicago. Next to Cook county, most populous, thus more votes. Just about every suburb north of the city, except the ones bordering Cook county, do not have strict gun laws. Even Lake Forest (rich) folks can own guns. They are trying to spread the chaos.

#14 ·
"Come on guys! Think about it! What would happen if he loaded all those guns and fired them at the same time!!!!!'
Think of it: if you combined those 600 guns, some ammo, a lot of old tires and a long long string......does this guy live at a junk yard by chance?

#23 ·
However, I am concerned that it is legal, as Mr. Sonka correctly asserts, to own 600 guns and keep them in your house, without any recourse afforded to neighbors who might object.

Are there any other of the articles in the Bill of Rights,that this gentleman feels should be illegal if neighbors object?I was unaware that the Bill of Rights was subject to approval or rejection by neighbors.

Oh well,preaching to the choir

#27 ·
600 guns = GONE

Without a doubt they confiscated ALL the guns for evidence.

I'm sure they took their time carefully placing each one in a huge pile in the back of some truck. You know, like the locals did in New Orleans after Katrina. (NOT!)

#32 ·
Without a doubt they confiscated ALL the guns for evidence.

I'm sure they took their time carefully placing each one in a huge pile in the back of some truck. You know, like the locals did in New Orleans after Katrina. (NOT!)

They were careful with them...they didnt want to damage their new collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.