Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI is this a Lee Metford sight also could someone identify the other sight.
coop

·
Registered
370 Posts
Coop,
I presume you mean the second sight ?
Looks like a windage adjustable sight from the BSA .310 Cadet.
Do any off those pics you've posted previously with the scopes in them show a decent shot of the frames/supports/crossed sticks they used to use with them ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coop,
I presume you mean the second sight ?
Looks like a windage adjustable sight from the BSA .310 Cadet.
Do any off those pics you've posted previously with the scopes in them show a decent shot of the frames/supports/crossed sticks they used to use with them ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have the rifle that goes with the lee metford sight?? :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, those are the ones Coop. Much appreciated, saves me a bit of hunting about through old posts.
Got a Tel. Sig. (Mk III) and am toying with the idea of putting it to work as a spotting scope.
Photo's 1, 7, 9 & 10 of the first lot give me a few ideas. Again, much appreciated.

·
Banned
904 Posts
yes coop and Woftam....

real men from the good old (and tough) days of club rifle shooting....Long lee enfields, fold down 'nose knocker' peep sights...double arm sling....

Spare a thought for how things used to be as you hook up your anschutz sling...adjust your hand stop...check your ring size and eagle eye...adjust your iris peep...check the colour of your 'snap on' Gehmann filter....use your adjustable cheek piece to get the right stock pressure....

Hey...maybe its us who are doing it hard..... :)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
CLLM, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
real men from the good old (and tough) days of club rifle shooting....Long lee enfields, fold down 'nose knocker' peep sights...double arm sling....

Spare a thought for how things used to be as you hook up your anschutz sling...adjust your hand stop...check your ring size and eagle eye...adjust your iris peep...check the colour of your 'snap on' Gehmann filter....use your adjustable cheek piece to get the right stock pressure....

Hey...maybe its us who are doing it hard..... :)
_____________________________________________________________________________whiterider and era long gone in our neck of the woods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts