Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys: Here is a "KRU/Eagle" (No Number!) marked R 35. No numbers on the receiver or barrel or trigger/feed mech. Bolt is numbered and parked, the stock has a 3 digit number on the side. Otherwise somewhat blank.....

The chamber is marked "PG" on the right side, on left "MF 1939" The receiver is MAC Mle 1886 M 93/R 35. The entire weapon is Parked and painted with the exception of certain springs which are temper blued....as usual..

Dale

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
I know the existence of two others, one with a MAC barrel of 1937, another one with an MF barrel from 1939 (may be the same you are talking about, serial 5XX). Like yours, three digit serials without prefix (on the barrel and on the stock, if I remember well). Emptied rear sight and bar for the sling instead of a swivel. I cannot remember anything precise about the german markings. Cannot remember who has sent the datas of these weapons to me, sorry if I cannot give the credit to who deserves.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almas: This one is 439 on the stock....Sorry it took so long to load the Pix...ancient computer and aol!!

Dale

·
Silver Bullet member
599 Posts
Paddyofurniture,

Yes its pinned. The only photos I have available were ones that I took when I was explaining the difference(s) of the S102 & 3 vs. a french mod to a friend by comparison.
Vonmazurs rifle reminded me that I've never really understood the german application though.

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Confused in Virginia

Help me out understanding the S102 bayonet. What are the German modifications? Just the blueing? The pinned ball end of the scabbard? :? What?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys: I have both types of bayonets laying about, but I do not know exactly how to tell if it is Nazi modified either....The French also blued or blackened these at some time, and I have seen the plug and the ball in the tips as well.....???

Dale

·
Silver Bullet member
599 Posts
The only 3 definitive points I know of regarding the S102 (quillioned) and the S103 are the sharpening angle, the pinned scabbard end, and the oa length(s) 480mm for the S102 and 460mm for the S103.
The blued finish is a logical assumption, but we all know how accurate logic is :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts