Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reason to believe that the tubular magazine spring is bad. However, I have been singularly unable to find instructions on how to extract the piston from the tube-arrêt de piston in order to examine or replace the spring (resort de magasin). I have tried everything I can think of short of inflicting damage. Can someone please help me, as I am now limited to single-shot firing.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,155 Posts
There is a a pin that must be driven out that holds the tube-arrêt de piston in the wood, then you can pull it out of the wood forearm then both the piston and resort de magasin can be removed as well.

Patrick

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Check this thread, from last january, you will find detailed pictures showing the magzine system of the Lebel, the steel pin holding the tube insert inside the forend is easy to find and being cylindrical can be pushed out either side.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?253835-Lebel-1886-Magazine-tube

I believe Vonmazur recommand a US made magazine spring for smallbore shotgun as substitute, available as Brownells part #550-401-395 .

kelt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.