Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If this works, I will put up pix of some of the rarer guns that we had on the old board..

This one came from Hurley via some net deal.....He says he was shafted on this deal, but he did get his trailer paid for, and now he is roaming the interstate making hot shot runs.....Meanwhile this gun shoots fine with the PPU ammo that Coles imported. The "chargeur lame" interferes with the ejector a little, but once one gets used to the resistance, it works fine...I am still amazed at the quality of this gun....I wish they had made thousands of them...

Dale

·
Registered
4 Posts
lebel m-27

I picked one of these up for $60 25 years ago. According to a 1966 book I have, "very few of these were made and most were captured by the Germans." Is this the only rifle there is that has 2 separate sets of locking lugs. Mine is beautiful, but the bolt is somewhat stodgy. Any comments on these things?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lebel M 27

W77: Welcome to the board! You came at the right time, Bastille Day...

I do not know what your book means by the locking lug comments, as the bolt is just like the Lebel and Berthier Rifles that it is based on...The M 27 has a different extractor and the bolt head is modified for the rimless cartridge, the ejector is spring loaded, but other than these modifications, I do not know what could be "The only gun with...."

I like mine, as it is a later gun, chambered for the M 29 cartridge, not an early one chambered for the M 27 cartridge which was 4 mm longer....They soon found that 8mm German would chamber in their new guns, and this led to some unfortunate accidents...

The Bands are modified by forging out to fit the new barrel and hand guard....

What do you think about this fine gun??

Dale

·
Registered
4 Posts
m-27

When I got mine, I thought it was wierd until I found that 1966 book, which had a picture of one and simply said "very few, if any, exist". I got it from the estate of a deceased veteran who brought in back after WW2. Until now, I could find no info on the Internet on it. It looks like it has a double locking lug head on it. 4 locking lugs? It has a very healthy kick. Is the magazine detachable? It is my understanding only 500 were made. It and my Indonesian 1954 Hembrug conversion to .303 are my 2 favorites.
Don't you think Dutch and French rifles are "sleepers?" I like them. It seems like gun values are going off the charts. Why don't investment advisors wake up to the profit potential of gun investment? This is another way guns protect you.

W77

1 - 4 of 4 Posts