Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I saw a leather scope can beside the regular tin-can for the Swedish m/41B Ajack Scope for sale on Gunbroker. I saved the pictures in an attempt to recreate, and below you can see what came out. It still missing the strap and I haven't decided on the stain yet but its now home to my m/44 scope. This was my first attempt working with leather so go easy on the comments ;) anyway I thought it was worth sharing

this is what I saw on Gunbrokers

This is my attempt to recreate

·
Gold Bullet member
458 Posts
A while ago I saw a leather scope can beside the regular tin-can for the Swedish m/41B Ajack Scope for sale on Gunbroker. I saved the pictures in an attempt to recreate, and below you can see what came out. It still missing the strap and I haven't decided on the stain yet but its now home to my m/44 scope. This was my first attempt working with leather so go easy on the comments ;) anyway I thought it was worth sharing

this is what I saw on Gunbrokers
View attachment 3794503

This is my attempt to recreate

View attachment 3794504

View attachment 3794505

View attachment 3794506

View attachment 3794507
Excellent work. What did you use to glue the interior mat. on with? Watch for vapors, air it out good. Again; Excellent.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent work. What did you use to glue the interior mat. on with? Watch for vapors, air it out good. Again; Excellent.
Thank you - I didnt put any interior mat - should there be any, I thought there was only the leather

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,085 Posts
It looks excellent to me . I am impressed . Not sure I could ever do that much leather work ????????

I made some wood boxes for mine for storage . No good for transporting anywhere .

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,085 Posts
Looks pretty good to me . I do not know if anyone has an original ? We would like to see one if available .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts