Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been in Riga for a few days now and found this great book that I can't remember the name of (will have to go back and see again) about Latvian soldiers in the Great War. Here is a photo I found interesting and thought you'd all enjoy.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,647 Posts
Be sure to visit the military museum in old town Riga. The Occupation Museum is superb, as well, but the military museum has a lot of WW1 and WW2 items.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,080 Posts
Very nice.

After WW1, the Latvians, Lithuanians, and Estonians also used a large number of P14s purchased from England. Here are some shots of members of the Latvian Army in the 1920s and 1930s, all armed with P14s:

·
Silver Bullet member
3,464 Posts
Be sure to visit the military museum in old town Riga. The Occupation Museum is superb, as well, but the military museum has a lot of WW1 and WW2 items.
Next time I'm not taking the wife with me there - had to rush through as she had very little interest. On the other hand my son is starting to appreciate history, so maybe he will go with me.
I remember going to "pulvertornis" as a kid with my dad.

·
Administrator
9,612 Posts
And of Course, S&B (Sellier and Bellot) had a Plant in Riga (Latvia) to make .303 Marka VII Ball for all three Baltic Countries (Packed in British made Mark I and II Chargers, 10 round card packets.) Headstamp SB/ 38/R/19/ (Clockwise).

Also, besides the Vickers, Lewis Guns in the Army, the Latvian Airforce used Vickers and Lewises and Vickers GO guns in the Planes, (British) as well as some Czech designed and Built 7,7 guns in the Avia Fighters bought from CS.

Doc AV Great Historic Photos.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Nice pics guys. Citen, those are awesome 1895 Win pics. Kind of funny I have absolutely no interests in lever guns. Would be hard for me care less about any lever gun. Except the 1895 Win in 7.62x54R. Thanks for sharing guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts