Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started with an all numbers matching Yugo 59/66 I picked up many years ago for a couple hundred bucks dripping in cosmoline. Took a long time to find a military version ZRAK ON-M89 scope (and I sure paid for it). With the guidance of AKBlue I was able to use an M76 side rail-mount and carefully relieve the stock to accommodate. There was a bit of careful filing required on the rail and the mount but they eventually married nicely. Just need to find a cleaning rod and will be done. Pretty hefty at 10lbs (w/o the cleaning rod - LOL).

I never set out to be a Yugo/Serb collector but I seem to have accumulated quite a few. This 59/66 will sit nicely next to my M48 Repro Sniper. I need to get a family pic one day. I guess I’m only missing an M92 but I do have a couple SBR’d Dracos.

Behold the super rare left handed issue versions (mirror images - sorry)

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,190 Posts
These M89 optics are very high quality.
They are excellent on the Zastava SKS.
Eye relief and cheekweld are very good.

They are pricey of you can find one. Over $600 and up.

There is not even a remote comparison to a receiver cover mount or sight block type mount or Chinese optics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
These M80 optics are very high quality.

There is not even a remote comparison to a receiver cover mount or sight block type mount or Chinese optics.
That's what I was assuming. I've always heard those mounting options were poor at best, so I'll take your word that this is the way to go in terms of mounting hardware

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No question the side mount receiver rail is superior especially with the integrated mount of the M89 BUT I will say that the Magwedge has served me well. Seems to hold zero when hinged out for cleaning and put back although it is a bit of a pain having that thing swung open when you're cleaning the rifle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These M89 optics are very high quality.

Appreciate the info on the ZRAK M89 - any leads on where one could track one down in today's market? Not finding much at all on the internet.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appreciate the info on the ZRAK M89 - any leads on where one could track one down in today's market? Not finding much at all on the internet.
Well, considering they were $450 12 years ago and no longer available I'm not feeling so bad about my sub $700 purchase.

I found mine on Ebay if I recall. I'll try and trace down my purchase information and get back to you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, considering they were $450 12 years ago and no longer available I'm not feeling so bad about my sub $700 purchase.

I found mine on Ebay if I recall. I'll try and trace down my purchase information and get back to you
Yeah, I think you got a steal seeing how rare they are nowadays. I'm guessing I'll just have to keep my eyes open on eBay on trader forums and hope something comes up sooner or later. Yours sure looks amazing on that 59/66! Also loving that M48!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Years ago when I put together a couple of the ON-2 DMRs i just asked some of the vendors on ebay to track me down what I needed. You give them the incentive to make some money and they'll be able to find stuff that isnt on the market yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.