Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to those of you who talked me out of my temporary insanity to butcher one of my M91s I decided to direct my birthday money to this.

It is an all matching Izhevsk M44 it came with the webbing and two ammo pouches full of ammunition. Also had a full cleaning kit. This is my first M44 and I see more in my future. :D

Matt

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't looked at the ammo yet, but the fellow at the gun shop told me it was noncorrosive from what research he had done.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Superb! Another M91 was saved & you bought a nifty M44(I think they make wonderful shooters/collectibles...)

Pahtu.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ammo non-corrosive ?

I haven't looked at the ammo yet, but the fellow at the gun shop told me it was noncorrosive from what research he had done.
Let us know about the ammo...brand,headstamp,etc. Many "authorities" have mistaken corrosive ammo for non-corrosive and permanently ruined their bore. SOG is notorious for this and they should know better since they sell the stuff.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Let us know about the ammo...brand,headstamp,etc. Many "authorities" have mistaken corrosive ammo for non-corrosive and permanently ruined their bore. SOG is notorious for this and they should know better since they sell the stuff.
As stated, treat all Mil-Sulpus as corrosive; almost all is. Clean your rifle after every shoot. Most dealer will blow smoke just to get ya to buy; but with proper cleaning you'll have no problems.
Claude

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already do anyway...I clean any guns i shoot milsurp through within a couple hours of shooting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checked the ammo it is BADLY corroded Bulgie from '52... Now I just wonder where this fellow was getting his info from because that IS corrosive ammo

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Very nice looking rifle and it came with a lot of goodies to boot.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,539 Posts
Happy Birthday! That's a great looking M44! Glad your M91 is okay too.

T

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was made at the Izhevsk arsenal in 1944 and from the shape of the ammo it looks as if it has been in the pouches since then lol. and thanks all for the birthday wishes!:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got back from the range and all I have to say is WOW that was awesome. This is definitely a spectacular rifle and I have got to get another one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts