Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to those of you who talked me out of my temporary insanity to butcher one of my M91s I decided to direct my birthday money to this.

It is an all matching Izhevsk M44 it came with the webbing and two ammo pouches full of ammunition. Also had a full cleaning kit. This is my first M44 and I see more in my future. :D

Matt

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ammo non-corrosive ?

I haven't looked at the ammo yet, but the fellow at the gun shop told me it was noncorrosive from what research he had done.
Let us know about the ammo...brand,headstamp,etc. Many "authorities" have mistaken corrosive ammo for non-corrosive and permanently ruined their bore. SOG is notorious for this and they should know better since they sell the stuff.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Let us know about the ammo...brand,headstamp,etc. Many "authorities" have mistaken corrosive ammo for non-corrosive and permanently ruined their bore. SOG is notorious for this and they should know better since they sell the stuff.
As stated, treat all Mil-Sulpus as corrosive; almost all is. Clean your rifle after every shoot. Most dealer will blow smoke just to get ya to buy; but with proper cleaning you'll have no problems.
Claude

·
Gold Bullet member
1,542 Posts
Happy Birthday! That's a great looking M44! Glad your M91 is okay too.

T

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.