Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these binoculars up this morning and I don't know much about them other than they were touched up with paint not to long ago....They are marked with a Navy Anchor...Other than that don't know much else...I am curious about the markings on the case and is there a way to get these "restored" as I don't really care for the repaint..and the covering is missing in spots on the body...Sorry about the pics...the glossy paint made it difficult to get better pictures of the markings and it actually filled them in...Well here they are.... a4 001.JPG a4 002.JPG a4 003.JPG a4 005.JPG a4 004.JPG a4 007.JPG a4 010.JPG a4 008.JPG a4 009.JPG a4 012.JPG

·
Registered
690 Posts
Those are neat! It looks like the top of the bino. case has something along the lines of Sargeant JT Rudeen(?) USMC
The front of the case has Truk Island and Spring Island written vertically, and Japan Navy written along the bottom.
One of the stamps on the bino. is "artillery". Looks to be souvenired after the garrison capitulated. Great history!

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts