Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
5,126 Posts
I don't think Fernleaf did to badly.....that is about what you would expect to pay for such a rifle down here.Its pointless comparing US prices to other countries as it is such a different market there.It all comes down to supply and demand,the same reason MG's are so ridiculously expensive for US buyers.Certain rifles,such as the Chicom SKS,are readily available down here at present and thus inexpensive (around $300 from dealers) but tidy full-wood mausers go for pretty decent money now.I did pick up a OK VZ-33 in the same town Fernleaf lives in a couple weeks back....paid $225,it has been 'sportered' unfortunately but if it had not been it would likely have been 5 times that price.Tidy mauser rifles in original,collectible condition used to be cheap but no more their prices have been steadily rising in recent years....even those Russian capture K98 rifles seem to sell for $800-1000 and there must have been a lot of them stockpiled somewhere....and yet I have seen them selling at a gunshow in the US for about $250 (although that was nearly 10 years ago now).Even so.

· Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
16,164 Posts
That's a crested rifle to be treasured, especially with that original sight.

Regards,
Bill

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.