Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing spectacularly rare or uniquely marked, just a very nice example of a vz.52 pistol. This one is 1953-dated with a "C" block serial number of 08186. The pistol appears not to have undergone a rearsenaling (as evidenced by a lack of VOP or VOZ with two-digit date of rework) and the CAI import stamp is discretely placed under the barrel. There are two hardness dimples along the slide spine and the decocker functions perfectly (though I would never use it). The one curious feature of the pistol is that the barrel is blued. I have never seen a vz.52 pistol come with a blued Tokarev 7.62x25mm barrel before??!!

This pistol also came with an extra magazine, a cleaning rod, and nice leather holster.

The cool thing about the holster is that the inside of the flap has an ink stamp of a "crossed swords 53". Pretty neat huh?

The "icing on the cake" is that not only does the pistol function flawlessly with the Tokarev ammo (both S&B and Romanian milsurp), but it came with a 9mm Luger barrel! I am just waiting for a set of rollers and a roller cam to arrive and I'll cycle some 9mm handloads through the pistol to see how she performs.

I'll post a range report in the near future.

Tim

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
God man get that rubber off that grip quickly! :p

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God man get that rubber off that grip quickly! :p
Now now Vic, one mustn't play at the range without proper protection. We wouldn't want to bring any "nasties" back to the homestead now, would we?

Tim

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the grip came with the rubber on it and I must admit, I kinda like the way if feels... ;)

Tim

·
Registered
182 Posts
The stock recoil spring will work well for 9mm loads (I'm told), but I would invest in the heavier Wolff 18.5lb spring for shooting the x25, it will save wear and tear on the rest of the gun. I like the grip sleeves as well, but I carry my 52, and they tend to hold moisture next to the metal and will cause rusting with extended carry. If you aren't planning on carrying it, then no prob with the sleeve, if you've got big hands like me, it seems to make it fit better in the hand with it on. BTW two of my three 52's have the blued barrel, the only one that doesn't is the completely untouched, unfired, unissued safe queen...

ENJOY!

·
Registered
658 Posts
That could be a twin to the one I just got, right down to the markings in the holster. Very nice! I like the rubber grip on it as well for shooting as it gives it a much nicer feel.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Kudos!

Very nice COM and great photography as well, I might add.

You might want to keep your width down below about 625 pixels though, as at least with my browser some of those stretched the window a bit, requiring scrolling back and forth to read all the text. Different boards seem to have different dimension parameters.

You'd probably hate my "Poor boy's Pachmeyers" - a section of mt. bike inner tube rolled up over my grips and the lower overhang doubled back up on itself. Looks kinda funny but works great!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
That appears to be one of the pigskin holsters too.

I think that they are among the more scarce variations, and perhaps the most durable.
You can keep it supple and preserve it with a good leather dressing like Pecard Oil.
I make my own leather dope out of bag balm, Ballistol, and pine tar. Makes a great antifungal preservative.
Darkens things a bit an smells a little funny though.
Use an old toothbrush to scrub it into the cracks and crannies of the stitching etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts