Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just took it out of its stock, there was a little surface rust around the forward barrel band. So I wiped that off and oiled the barrel again.

The action is a 1905 dated Izhevsk and on the underside of the barrel it is marked with 4 over 7762 any clues on what that is for? Also is the D over W on the receiver the remains of an Austrian inspection stamp?

· Administrator
3,495 Posts
I just took it out of its stock, there was a little surface rust around the forward barrel band. So I wiped that off and oiled the barrel again.

The action is a 1905 dated Izhevsk and on the underside of the barrel it is marked with 4 over 7762 any clues on what that is for? Also is the D over W on the receiver the remains of an Austrian inspection stamp?

That D is actually an O and yes, it's the remains of the old Ausrian OEWG stamp. Nice!

· Registered
298 Posts
I too have a 1931 Tikka M27 snaged it for 90 bucks out the door from a local pawn shop in realy good shape. It also has the thicker upgraded stock and I dont see any wings on mine either. Here are some pics.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.