Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new one for me, and my second proper Finnish rifle:

1932 dated Tika, with matching bolt. At a glance it appears to have been re-stocked at some point in it's life as it has the thicker grip, re-enforced nosecap and has been spliced.

Interestingly it doesn't have the bolt wings or the groves in the receiver to accomodate them.

More photos to follow in the weekend.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
While 91/30s, 91s and M39s abound, there are still always one or more M27s for sale at any given time on the auction sites. I have sold several as I upgrade. 28s and 28/30s are less often seen. 91/24s seldom.
Showed the rifle to a collector friend last night, he gave it a cursory look as mosin-nagants aren't really his thing. But when I mentioned that it had a Tikka barrel he replied:

"Really, never seen that before, I've only seen them with SIG barrels. I used to have a couple with SIG barrels" :( (He'll be referring to m91/24s of course, to him they all look alike ;) )

Finnish rifles are less common over here so I decided to snatch this one up even though I really should be saving my pennies.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just took it out of its stock, there was a little surface rust around the forward barrel band. So I wiped that off and oiled the barrel again.

The action is a 1905 dated Izhevsk and on the underside of the barrel it is marked with 4 over 7762 any clues on what that is for? Also is the D over W on the receiver the remains of an Austrian inspection stamp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.