Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
Bill,
Glad to see you post once in a while. I had a very late S35 at one time in the 54K range IIRC. It was brand new. In my observation the early rifles in this series and the late ones escaped mum defacement. The serial numbers proof it. Like they say. That's a fact.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Bill,
Glad to see you post once in a while. I had a very late S35 at one time in the 54K range IIRC. It was brand new. In my observation the early rifles in this series and the late ones escaped mum defacement. The serial numbers proof it. Like they say. That's a fact.
Do you have any theories as to why, Ed? I've notice the same thing. It's clear the mid production rifles tend to all be ground. Just a simple case of those middle rifles ending up in a place where they were found more early in the occupation to be ground?

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
Do you have any theories as to why, Ed? I've notice the same thing. It's clear the mid production rifles tend to all be ground. Just a simple case of those middle rifles ending up in a place where they were found more early in the occupation to be ground?
Conrad,
My longstanding WAG is. The late one's were found in the late fall of '45 into early '46 when the furry of mum defacement waned considerably. Thus, nobody cared about what was being taken or sent home. Possibly the early pieces were liberated before the defacement started. To me it makes sense. Those acquired when defacement was being carried out were right smack in the middle of the serial number range.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bill,
Hi Ed, wait a minute,, you had a S35 TK? It wasn't a Nagoya, you have true diversity in 99's:giggle:

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
Bill,
Yes. I had many Toyo Kogyo's at one time. I was like a bloodhound for type 99's. I remember a certain Kogyo only rifle I found for a guy. Along with an "April" '45 T14 Rig with both matching mags and a holster for the same guy but a different show. Wink Wink.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bill,
Yes. I had many Toyo Kogyo's at one time. I was like a bloodhound for type 99's. I remember a certain Kogyo only rifle I found for a guy. Along with an "April" '45 T14 Rig with both matching mags and a holster for the same guy but a different show. Wink Wink.
And don't you think that guy has "EVER" forgotten that. What a day that was....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts