7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's all she wrote folks..

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Say what? That's a joke, right?

Oops, I meant to say, YES it's off a REAL sniper and it can be yours for only $300!

·
Copper Bullet Member
12,015 Posts
I'll bet the handle (and maybe the bolt ball) unscrews when the locktite fails. Wouldn't that be fun when rapid firing? Best look inside the bolt body firing pin channel to see if they went too deep when drilled. Could cause serious FTF/HF if pin travel is obstructed.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to send off another bolt to the Boltman for my Tula PEM repro/resto.
THIS one I will file, grind, sand, polish and solder the joints to get it into some usable form.

·
Gold Bullet member
8,530 Posts
I'm going to send off another bolt to the Boltman for my Tula PEM repro/resto.
THIS one I will file, grind, sand, polish and solder the joints to get it into some usable form.
A reminder for anyone interested in getting a bent bolt handle: you can order a bolt body, or complete bolt, from Rick Reich - sponsor - and Rick will mail it directly to "Boltman" if you ask.

I have three "Boltman" bolt handle jobs for my M39's. Even if you do not use a scope the bent bolt handle is an enhancement for shooting. I can work the action of my M39's with the butt against my shoulder and with little disturbance of my spot weld.

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
To start it off, the grasping knob is all jacked up and the stem going into the grasping knob is all jacked up. The transition from grasping knob to the stem should be seemless; same with the stem going into the bolt body.

That's one ugly bolt and far from having an original look.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
To start it off, the grasping knob is all jacked up and the stem going into the grasping knob is all jacked up. The transition from grasping knob to the stem should be seemless; same with the stem going into the bolt body.

That's one ugly bolt and far from having an original look.
Oh. OK. I couldn't really tell from the photo. I thought it was Soviet wartime workmanship not a bubbafied rework. I've seen some ugly bolts, and I have a couple myself... Just wasn't sure from the pictures posted.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am particularly fond of the vice jaw divots in the ball....
I may have gotten ripped for the price of a bolt body and the labor to "improve" it, but I am getting the satisfaction of a flame war with him over feedback comments.
Man, what a freakin tool..

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh. OK. I couldn't really tell from the photo. I thought it was Soviet wartime workmanship not a bubbafied rework. I've seen some ugly bolts, and I have a couple myself... Just wasn't sure from the pictures posted.
You DO know to click on the pictures to make them "expand" right?
Just asking..

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Unfortunately, you're not the first and probably won't be the last. As horrible as it looks, it's much better than the one he did for me! I have been using another source, recently. I won't send them to anybody else, anymore.

John

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,088 Posts
I'd like to reply but I can't since I've just ripped my eyes out!

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He tried to strong arm me out of leaving him negative feedback, even though I paid the same minute I hit buy now and waited nearly a week AFTER he promised delivery without bitching, so I have no doubt that's his standard MO.

·
Registered
19,336 Posts
Thanks Joop for reaching out and pointing me in the right direction when I got a bolt bent. I could have
ended up with a car wreck like this ebay guy makes. I am so thankful this did not happen!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts