Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a trio of Mosins at an on-line auction last week. Pardon the picture quality--they are from the auction listing

Tikka 91/30

M39 "B" barrel

Westinghouse 1891

Will post better pics when they arrive

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nice catch!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,193 Posts
Very nice late 2008 addtions!

Let us know how long the "no new guns in 2009" pledge lasts. In the meantime, we could start a pool. :D

·
Gold Bullet member
2,690 Posts
No new guns for me either. I'm focusing on used milsurps.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
3 very nice acquisitions!! I especially love that Tikka 91/30 that NW is really sweet too! :D :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Great finds! That Tikka has some nicely striped wood; please let us know more about that N.E.W., I'm guessing that the receiver is a Russian.... Finn rework? I don't remember NEWs having an eagle proof on the receiver.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
I say "HA" to the no more guns in 09......

I'm willing to bet that you have at least one new rifle before the end of January.

Besides our auction is Jan 17th!!

:)

·
Gold Bullet member
1,540 Posts
Nicely done!

I tried the, "I'm just going to enjoy what I have and not buy anything new in 2008" thing this year.

So far ir has worked to the tune of new:

CZ-82, Polish Tantal, Turkish 1893, 3 Mosin Nagants,... works pretty good, eh?!

For 2009, I'm going to pledge not to buy another gun for 3 years! I should end up with an SVT, M-1 carbine, a couple more M91's and another Gew98 if I play my cards right!! ;)

T

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great finds! That Tikka has some nicely striped wood; please let us know more about that N.E.W., I'm guessing that the receiver is a Russian.... Finn rework? I don't remember NEWs having an eagle proof on the receiver.
Here is a another picture from the auction listing that shows the tiger striping.

I didn't know enough about the Westinghouses to pick up on the eagle proof. I know some of the Westinghouses made it over to Russia before the contract was canceled. Wonder it the ones that made it over were proofed and the ones that didn't were not.

Sounds like an internet research project.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,623 Posts
Here is a another picture from the auction listing that shows the tiger striping.

I didn't know enough about the Westinghouses to pick up on the eagle proof. I know some of the Westinghouses made it over to Russia before the contract was canceled. Wonder it the ones that made it over were proofed and the ones that didn't were not.

Sounds like an internet research project.
I nearly went after that tiger striped Mosin myself. I also got one of the B barrel M39s, a 91/59 built on a 1937 Tula and a mummy wrapped #4 Mk2. Was it me, or were there some good deals at that auction? I am still kicking myself for not bidding before anyone else on the 1944 MN M38 in its original stock. It sold for a $50 bid.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Definitely saw some good deals at that auction.

Congrats on your snags and thanks for your forebearance in not starting a bidding war over the Tikka 91/30. :)

Did you see that Tikka m39?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.