Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The local gun store has, what appears to be, a last ditch Japanese rifle. The condition is good and it still has very nice mum. He wants wants 150. Does that sound like a fair price? (added)The no. do match on the bolt and receiver. the metal parts show lots of milling marks. The sholder rest is a small wooden insert and it also has a small peep site . I also noticed only one sling holder and I can.t see where the other one was or should have been.
Thanks for your time, Joe

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I would jump on it like a duck on a june bug! You should wait for the knowlegeable collectors to chime in here though.
Welcome to the board Joe!

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
"...looks like a last ditch..." Take about 25% of what you are about to spend on the unknown and buy "Military Rifles of Japan" $42 pp. Check with the author at [email protected] for exact price and mailing address. If your interest is primarily 99s you might also buy the new 99 book for $35, if you hurry. Book price is going/gone up?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
english,
If it has the original finish on the wood and metal, is matching, and has the mum; that is a good price.

If refinished and mismatched it is not; if it is a training rifle it may not be.

You really need to give more info for a good answer.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Why have trainers become higher priced than regular rifles? On the auctions and the one gun shop I go to that sells WW2 stuff, these trainers tend to be priced higher. Always thought it should be the other way. I wouldn't mind a trainer someday, but not for the price of a regular Arisaka.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
Ignorance. They are not "rare" and in many cases don't even qualify as a firearm. No combat usage, etc. Some advanced collector's like them as a side-collection, but not enough to make supply/demand an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts