Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got a russian captured S/42G in a laminate stock that is undrilled for the cleaning rod, any particular reason why?
I know it should be a walnut stock for that period (1935), but the laminate stock is what it came with. it has a few cartouche outlines, but nothing that can be recognised.

I'm happy with it, it shoots well and I didn't want a Lee Enfield that everyone else has on this side of the pond.

Just curious.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
get pics. toward the end (others have the date pretty much down, not me) some makers stopped drilling for the rod, id guess late '44.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
As part of the transition to the Kriegsmodell K98k, Brunn I and II (dot and dou) stopped drilling the holes for the cleaning rod in late 1944 even on guns issued with the bayonet lug.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
If it has a cupped buttplate, then given that, and the laminated stock, it would appear that this is a late war stock applied by the Russians. As stated above, pics would disspell a lot of the suppositions.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
not likely a post war czech stock if it has cartouches.

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,731 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, its a cupped laminate stock with cartouches. Will get the wife to do pics, she's better at that than I am.
We never see all matching mausers over here, there all mis-matched, its a challenge just to get it of the period look.
I'm sourcing some surplus ammo over here, getting ready for next years visits to the military ETR(fall when hit) ranges.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts