Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Fred,

First, what's the story (ID) on your T-38 trainer? Second, when you have the time, could you re-post photos of your T-22 prototype(?) carbine that you were in the process of re-stocking? I was most impressed with that example!

C/

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
I didn't look at the trainer carefully. It's a mixture of T99 and T38 parts. However, it is unmarked except for serial number 1. T99 front band, peep rear sight graduated to 17, numeral 1 on bolt handle with "P" and "he" inspection symbols above, single hole in receiver at chamber location. I lust after number ones, and of course you know it's the first training rifle ever made in Japan.
Yes, that's right. I'd forgotten we discussed this T-99 trainer before on the old Gunboards. I guess I'll have to hold onto the T-5 (4?) for a little longer, as this SN 1 appeals to me a bit as well.

I'll find those photos of the Type 22 carbine and post them. I really need to take the time to make more photos of the carbine. I'm the guy they make cartoons about - I refuse to ask for or read directions, just bull on thru.
Yes, please do re-post those photos for us again. I really like seeing (and buying when I can) the prototype and experimental rifles. I'm also something of a fatalist where electronic devices are concerned. When I get hung up on something, I figure I can either look through the manual for hours only to never succeed in finding what I could have figured out on my own in a few minutes of fiddling.

C/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.