Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,691 Posts
NO !!!!! There are no Swedish originals or repros on the market that I know of ? Never seen any metal for sale either .

I will add another bit of info . The original Swedish shoulder stock had three Crowns stamped on the metal .

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
so heres an idea since 'Swede' says theres no Swedish originals or repros (which I absolutely agree to) available and 'chcusnr' states that a luger stock might work - there are numerous Luger stocks available in the $1,550 to $2,500 prices range BUT there are also repro Luger stocks available in the $150 to $300 price range. If you really want one maybe you should try one of the Luger repros and return it if it doesnt fit. That would at least give you the hardware and you could always create the wood stock you like. Remember that the Swedes did experiment with the Luger style wooden stock. Just a thought.....

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,691 Posts
chcusnr : I have a Luger shoulder stock that fits my Lahti. I actually have two, but only one fits.

Does your 2nd Luger stock attachment look like the working one or a different design ? Can the 2nd one be fitted with a file or more complicated than that .

·
Registered
356 Posts
chcusnr : I have a Luger shoulder stock that fits my Lahti. I actually have two, but only one fits.

Does your 2nd Luger stock attachment look like the working one or a different design ? Can the 2nd one be fitted with a file or more complicated than that .
The one that fits the Lahti is clearly a regular Luger stock, part of the rig that originally came with the Artillery hostler/stock. I know that because I have a complete artillery rig, and the two stocks are obviously the same - identical drillings, holes, etc., for securing stock to the holster. Interestingly, the stock that fits came with the Lahti, along with the correct holster, mags, accessories. Looks like a very slight modification to make it fit. Basically slight grinding on the locking pivot in the in the slot that engages the stock lug on the pistol. The pivot is rounded with one flat side. The grinding is on the opposite side of the flat. Very slight.

The original Lahti stocks were of two types. The Finnish one resembles the C96 holster/stock.

The Swedish ones are more like the German ones, and exceedingly rare.

Brown Product Gun Photograph Firearm

I have never fired my Lahti, so I can't tell you how well the stock works, but it does fit nicely. Actually better than the other one fits the Artillery Luger.

I have an interesting article about the Swedish/Danish Lahtis I can email you, if you PM me your email address.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
chcusnr ---- Good to hear someone else has a luger shoulder stock that fits their Lathi pistol. I have an original 1915 dated complete Artillery Luger rig (including Lang Pistola & Trommel Mag.) the stock of which will accept my Swedish Lahti very easily. I also have an original Luger Carbine shoulder stock (sorry not the carbine though) that is easily attachable to the Swedish Lahti as well. I've never fired the Lathi with either stock attached but I'm sure all would work just fine together.

·
Registered
346 Posts
FYI - placing a original or repo Luger shoulder stock on any pistol with the exception of an original Navy or Artillery model is a violation of the federal firearms act with out first applying for + receiving a tax stamp - fine print in the official BATF letter states to only be used on pistols that they were originally designed for which does not include any standard PO8's or any other pistols -

·
Registered
346 Posts
from ATF website -
If a person has a pistol and an attachable shoulder stock, does this constitute possession of an NFA firearm?

Yes, unless the barrel of the pistol is at least 16 inches in length (and the overall length of the firearm with stock attached is at least 26 inches). However, certain stocked handguns, such as original semiautomatic Mauser “Broomhandles” and Lugers, have been removed from the purview of the NFA as collectors’ items.
[26 U.S.C. 5845, 27 CFR 479.11]
Last Reviewed April 13, 2

·
Registered
346 Posts
yes if it is C+R classified + a model originally issued with a shoulder stock -
Regulations for Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (atf.gov)

1981 letter on use of reproduction Luger and High Power shoulder stocks DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS WASHINGTON, D.C. 20226 MAY 29 1981 T:T:F:CHB 7540 Dr. Odin international Fairfax, VA Dear Dr. : This refers to your letters of March 13 and March 30, 1981, in which you ask that certain Luger and Browning Hi-Power pistols equipped with reproduction shoulder stocks be considered for removal from the provisions of the National Firearms Act. It is not the policy of this Bureau to render a classification on a shoulder stock which in and of itself is not subject to the provisions of the Gun Control Act or the NFA. However, as you are aware, certain Luger and Browning Hi-Power pistols when accompanied by original shoulder stocks have been removed from the purview of the NFA. Our Firearms Classification Panel has examined your request and it is their opinion that the above mentioned pistols equipped with currently made reproduction shoulder stocks which either duplicate or closely approximate the dimensions and configuration of the original stocks would also be primarily of interest to collectors and not likely to be used as weapons. Therefore, any Luger or Browning Hi-Power pistol which would be removed from the purview of the NFA if equipped with an original shoulder stock, would also not be subject to the NFA if equipped with a reproduction shoulder stock which either duplicates or closely approximates the dimensions and configuration of the original stock. It must be pointed out that should one of the subject reproduction stocks be attached to any handgun which has not been specifically removed from the purview of the NFA with an original stock, the combination would be subject to all of the registration and transfer provisions of the NFA. We trust that the foregoing has been responsive to your inquiry. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us. Sincerely yours, [signed] C. Michael Hoffman Assistant Director (Technical and Scientific Services)

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Greetings
Are there any repro shoulder stocks OR stock iron for a Swedish Lahti out there?
There was produced app. 20-25 repro stocks of red beach with a m/40 holster riveted on the right side a couple of years ago. The price at that time was SEK 1500.
The person who did those have no intention to do any more of them.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
If a person had a P08 luger that would accept a shoulder stock, then he could legally posses such a stock. He could also legally posses a Lahti or any number of Lugers and Lahtis. Right? A wise person would not be making an illegal assembly or displaying such on the web. And that is only based on what I read here. Possession of a stock should not be an issue to an owner of both guns, if you follow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.