Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to diassemble Lahti M40 magazines and if so, is there a trick to it? I have a couple of mags full of cosmoline that I can't get cleaned out even in bath of mineral spirits. Also, is there difference between Swedish and Finnish mags? I have some without markings and a couple with a small crown at the bottom of the spine - anyone know which is which nationality? TIA!
--Rob

·
Copper Bullet member
9,575 Posts
Try spray carb cleaner and spray air to blow it all out. Soaking in really hot water beforehand will also help.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
Is it possible to diassemble Lahti M40 magazines and if so, is there a trick to it? I have a couple of mags full of cosmoline that I can't get cleaned out even in bath of mineral spirits. Also, is there difference between Swedish and Finnish mags? I have some without markings and a couple with a small crown at the bottom of the spine - anyone know which is which nationality? TIA!
--Rob

Herra Rob -

Crown = Kingdom = Sweden

Finland is republic, does not have people in charge who wear crown.

I had one of each - a Pistooli model 35 [Lahti] and m/40 [Husqvarna] Swedish. magazines were interchangeable on mine.

tak

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Removing Cosmoline

I would try using heat to remove the cosomine. Put the mags on a metal pan with edges and put in oven at 125-150 degs. and that should melt the cosmoline out of the mags. Make sure to put plenty of papertowels/newspaper under the mags to catch it ones it starts to flow. Make sure to keep and eye on it so that it doesn't get too hot and start to burn.

Another way maybe to use your wife's hair dryer. Make sure she will be out of the house for a while. When done, do an EXECTIONAL job of clean-up and make sure the hair dryer has ABSOLUTELY no cosmoline on it. Maybe to be on the safe side, just buy her a new hair dryer.

Bill

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Herra Rob -

Crown = Kingdom = Sweden

Finland is republic, does not have people in charge who wear crown.

I had one of each - a Pistooli model 35 [Lahti] and m/40 [Husqvarna] Swedish. magazines were interchangeable on mine.

tak

tak--
Wasn't the Lahti also used by Denmark, which also uses a crown as a proof or acceptance stamp?
--Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts