Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy, I scored some sweet L1A1 wood from a member knowing most was all FAL. I was able to use the handguards with zero issues. The butt stock looks to be Israeli. Is there any way to fit it up to my rifle?

L1A1 build with a Rosario receiver. Now don’t misunderstand I am not mad or anything. I had a good idea when I made the deal. I sourced a Aussie pistol grip from ARS so I am 2/3 the way there.

would a pebble grain butt fit in with the wood pistol grip and handgard In some historical anomaly?

thanks

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok my bad. It is FAL wood. I really like th butt stock and want to use it if possible. But also do not want to butcher something so nice.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Here is my L1A1 assembled on an early Entréprise receiver:

I got it many years ago at the old LA County Gun Show.
Gosh those are pretty. :)
A transmission from the chase plane pilot for the first Concorde flight comes to mind when I feel that: “Looking from here, you wouldn't believe how beautiful you are!”.
FAL Fan

·
Registered
165 Posts
What caught my eye on this L1A1 was that there was no manufacturer's name or address on the receiver. Doing some research, I found that in their past, Entréprise had some financial difficulties and could not pay their subcontractors. It seems that one contractor who did their engraving took some of their receivers in leu of payment. This receiver was one of those. I called Entréprise Arms and based on the serial number, they verified that yes, it was one of their receivers, but they would not comment on why their name wasn't engraved on it. Many strange things could be found at the old Los Angeles Gun Show.

(Did anyone notice the Canadian C2A1 rear sight? I like it better than the factory L1A1 sight as it is adjustable out to a full kilometer.)

Reactions: tahoe

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I ended up going to the FAL nazi, have goodies on the way. With that being said I will post the butt stock I have on the WTS forum. I made a good deal with Luigi and I will pass those savings on.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Gosh those are pretty. :)
A transmission from the chase plane pilot for the first Concorde flight comes to mind when I feel that: “Looking from here, you wouldn't believe how beautiful you are!”.
FAL Fan
Product Air gun Rectangle Trigger Sleeve

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have the buttstock, waiting on my buddy in Colorado or send me that persnickety removal tool. The last step (maybe) will the carry handle.

Reactions: DisasterDog
1 - 13 of 13 Posts