Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I want to thank all of the board members who bought the book- we've sold over half of what we printed! We originally figured it would take a year to sell 1000 copies, but there is no way they will last that long. I will say if you are thinking of getting a book you should do it within the next few months- once these are gone we will not be printing a second run right away- the cost to print 1000 books is substantial, so we will probably allow 200 backorders to amass before we reprint it.

Now the news- it's official, our book is going to be translated into German and printed in Germany by the DWJ, aka Deutches Waffen Journal! For those that don't know, the DWJ is one of the top publishers of gun books in Germany. It's a great priveledge for Bruce and I to be Internationally Published Authors- a testament to the quality of the book, the layout, and the information! The feedback we have received has been overwhelming and humbling.

We also would like to thank Jon Speed for all of his help. He's a great guy to have represent you to the industry in Germany, and has been showing our book around the shows for some time. He's been extremely helpful in this project, although he came late to the Kreigsmodell book, his input was extremely helpful. The next book will have tons of unique and new factory documentation that has never been published before.

We are well on our way with Volume 1 as well, covering the Weimar period up to 1938. Should be a great book, with lots of factory documents just like the Kriegsmodell book (more actually!). We both appreciate all the help Gunboards gave on the first book, and look forward to the continued cooperation for the next!

With that I say "Aufedersehn!"

Mike

·
Gold Bullet member
433 Posts
TA - we will get a limited number of German copies of which a few will be available. Will let you guys know - sometime early next year I am assuming.

·
Gold Bullet member
995 Posts
Wow.... that is nice... I must say again... Thank you for your efforts!....The product you guys put together reflects the change the culture of historical firearm collecting. It allows more people to be part of the process of sharing information. Please keep us posted... I would like to order the German Language version from DWJ when available...

Is the German language version of the book going to reflect any updates or changes found since the first printing?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
rc...that german version is going to cost you more because there are more letters in the german words vs. english. basically you have to pay more for the extra ink. ;)

·
Gold Bullet member
995 Posts
rc...that german version is going to cost you more because there are more letters in the german words vs. english. basically you have to pay more for the extra ink. ;)
LOL... The postage will be more.... However, My son is currently stationed over there so USPS should be around $6-10.... Unless that dad-blasted volcano is still acting up...

·
Silver Bullet member
410 Posts
I am surprised the first run hasn't sold out already! Put me down for a german language edition if you get some.

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All of the errors will be fixed (most are just typo's) with a few layout issues which will be fixed. As to how big it will be, it's unclear to me, but they totally re-publish the work. Once the book is complete, we will review it and approve it- then it gets printed. I'm sure DWJ would be happy to sell a few copies to the USA! As to the first run being sold out, I don't forsee it lasting too much longer- it's been a lot of work mailing all these, so it will be a bit of a relief!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,196 Posts
Congratulations guys, OUTSTANDING. Recognition well deserved.

Please put me on the list for a signed/numbered copy of Vol. 1 when completed. And Vol. 2, AND your cookbook.:cheers:

Regards,
Chuck

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
Hello, forgive me for not saying it sooner. Got your book well over a month ago, just excellent !! Besides reading from cover to cover, have actually used it as a reference several times to check specific 98k questions! For those of you who haven't ordered a copy yet, suggest you do. So skip a dinner out with the wife & kiddies if you need to. Well worth the asking price. Bruce, so this current book is actually Volume 3 ?? :) Skid

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Godfather and II were very good and III was not so good. So, if I and II of this series are better than III, then I and II will be really good, per the Godfather model ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mike & Bruce
Congrats on Your German Publishing , It just goes to show all that hard work and good quality info is still what most look for . Also when satisfying ones Ego is the least of ones interest and the Quality of ones work is put first this is what the rewards can be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.