Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the approximate value of an unmessed with US krag long rifle with intact cartouche? so many that i see on gunbroker are carbines or bubba'd. also, any clue to the value of a krag pressure testing rifle or how many would have been made?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,426 Posts
I do not know about pressure testing, but a semilocal shop (Rainbow & Rainbow) is famed for being BUYERS AND COLLECTORS OF KRAG RIFLES on their business card, who tend to buy 'em up whenever another dealer gets one, and know their stuff well enough I sincerely doubt they overpay. The market seems to yield around $700-800. Another local shop had a nice one for $850, and it didn't sell immediately, but it sold fast.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,105 Posts
Around here, an unmessed with Krag with a good bore, good metal, and a good cartouche is $800 and up.
If you find one priced less than that, it is missing something-bad bore, sanded stock, rusty metal etc.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The midwest seems to be an oasis for Krags.

Condition is very important when valueing Krags. Very fine 1898 rifles will bring near $1000 while good condition ones with shootable bores would be $500 guns. This assumes an all-complete rifle with cartouche, non-bubba'ed, etc.

Cut-downs and sporters are a $200 item, or valued like any other sporterized milsurp as shooters or hunting rifles.

At recent gun shows there have been several complete Krags priced around $600-750 on dealer tables that are not selling. I have not examined them closely as I have been Mosin hunting. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would be happy to hook you up with these dealers and do some advanced scouting for you. Just send me a PM

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know where there are quite a few right now but he is asking about $1000. i could likely get them for about $8-900. have always been interested in getting one just don't know much about them or how well i will enjoy shooting it, accurracy and so forth.

really interested in the pressure testing rifle as whether i could pick it up at a reasonable price and turn it to somebody that has an interest in it...but i have absolutely no clue as to the value

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
i know where there are quite a few right now but he is asking about $1000. i could likely get them for about $8-900. have always been interested in getting one just don't know much about them or how well i will enjoy shooting it, accurracy and so forth.

really interested in the pressure testing rifle as whether i could pick it up at a reasonable price and turn it to somebody that has an interest in it...but i have absolutely no clue as to the value

I see you have posted at the Jouster Krag forum. That is probably the best place to find info and interest in the pressure gun. Hopefully you can supply some pics.

Krags are quite accurate and fun to shoot. I'm sure you will not be disapointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts