Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what other American patents Krag held but this one was interesting.

Dutchman

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't know what other American patents Krag held but this one was interesting.

Dutchman
Dutchman,

Definitely interesting, he and several other Norwegian designers came up with designs for the upcoming pistol trials - which ended with Norway adapting a modified M1911 in August 1914. The picture shows some of Krag's pistols.

Balder

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
I wonder if Lignose or Norinco saw this patent? Anyone familiar with their respective
"Eine Hand", one hand slide retracting designs? Take a look at the triggerguards......

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somewhere in my patents collection, I have a copy of the US patent he co-held on the original Krag rifle design. It's U.S. Pat. No. 492,212, issued February 21, 1893.C/

I haven't found an earlier one but this is the first I found in 1890 and appears to be the 1889 Danish Krag. Patents in the U.S. patent database for foreign patents most often were patented after the year model in Europe. I found this to be true of Paul Mauser patents, too.

Dutchman

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I haven't found an earlier one but this is the first I found in 1890 and appears to be the 1889 Danish Krag. Dutchman
Hmm.....I wonder how my search database (Micropatent) managed to miss this one. Anyway, thanks for posting it.

C/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts