Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First my apology as I just joined and not very comfortable with computers. Bought 1K of the 30-06 send back and would like to share some observations of what I found when it was open and inspected. AM I IN THE RIGHT PLACE ????

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
First my apology as I just joined and not very comfortable with computers. Bought 1K of the 30-06 send back and would like to share some observations of what I found when it was open and inspected. AM I IN THE RIGHT PLACE ????
Sure are....this is the AMMO discussion board. What the heck is "Send Back" 30-06?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the stuff that was just sent back from Korea, atleast that is what I am told. It seems everybody is selling it (Midway, SOG and the likes). I bought a case 1K, consisting of 4 cans with 250 rds per can. Have read alot of bad about this Korean and I am wondering if I made a mistake ?

·
Copper Bullet member
8,949 Posts
If it has a KA or PS headstamp, it is Korean-made ammo, and not a "Send Back" item.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your answer. It is Ka and Ps but also some LC and TW head stamps with the Lc from 69 and the TW from 52. I assume it is all corrosive and is it safe. again thanks have a good day

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,082 Posts
The KA is corrosive. The PS, TW, and LC are not.

The KA and PS ammo was manufactured in Korea. The Twin Cities (TW) and Lake City (LC) ammo were both manufactured in the US.

·
Silver Bullet Member
10,191 Posts
I recently fired some of this through my Garand. Works well, just is not particularly accurate.

It is not too pretty in the can, there is some kind of sticky residue on the cases and you could tell it was delinked MG ammo.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I posted a question on this Korean ammo a while back. I have several hundred rds. of lot PS2-177 which has no reported problems but several of the PS marked ammo lots apparently have had issues. I picked up this stuff some years back really cheap from one of the online vendors. I shot about 200rds. in one of my Garands without any problems. As far as I know, the KA stuff has no reported issues.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The KA is corrosive. The PS, TW, and LC are not.

The KA and PS ammo was manufactured in Korea. The Twin Cities (TW) and Lake City (LC) ammo were both manufactured in the US.
US manufactured Corrosive M2Ball. Need to know the year headstamps to tell if corrosive of not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts