Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

Where do I go to buy one? Tantal is a no-go so I need to find another source. Any ideas?

I tried googling and went to binocularmart.com and it came up as an error page so that is a no-go as well.

Thanks!

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mother of god I checked east wave's website and they want $399 for a kobra sight. Is that normal pricing or is that pretty high?

I thought they went for a lot less, they do however have the PK-A sight for a pretty decent price. They are made by Belomo. Anybody have experiance with these?

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I emailed and asked about the PK-A and put money down on one, we'll see how well it works! I just cant get myself to drop $399 on a kobra sight when the eotech is not much more than that. Or even the holosight for about half the price of an eotech and basically the same thing.

Will update when it gets here!

Stinkyrat

EDIT: interesting picture on tantals website, picture of MTK with a sidefolder sporting a PK-A optic. Were these used for military use as well as sporting use?

·
Silver Bullet member
168 Posts
I have one on an S-12. Great accuracy with slugs 50 and 100 yards. I zeroed at 50 yards and aimed 6" high at 100 yards and it was right on.The dot is small but I think that helps accuracy. I used it wild boar hunting and really got to appreciate it on a moving target.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats good to hear that you like it, do you have the one that east wave is selling (pictured above) or the one that kalinka optics has for sale? The one kalinka is selling has the different turrets that are more PSO styled and has english written on the side of it.

Either way I think this will make tin can shooting a little more exciting :)

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have read that the kobra site on/off switches break rather easily, with no replacements available.
I know, that was kind of a ....'turn off'....get it?....:).... for me to the idea of a kobra.

Seems to be a fairly easy fix but still the fact that you pay good money for something it shouldnt break like that.

I think this PK-A will do the job, looked around at people's reviews and they all seem to be good, only complaint is the dot is dim to some folks. I wish they had the same black dot/red dot idea like the PK-AS, that thing looks ugly but its a good concept incase you have power issues with the red dot.

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up having issues with the Bulgy AK I was going to put it on so I held off on buying the PK-A. Once the rifle is back from century and is working correctally I'll see if that is still the sight I want to buy.

On the same note, tantal emailed me back and I guess he does have around 20 of the Kobra sights back in stock, they are around 500 dollars though.

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don if the Kobra was $125 I would be all over it, but when it is right up there around $500 Id rather just drop on an eotech.

I did drop on one of those barska red dot sights, they are 40 dollars at sportsmansguide.com and so far it is a pretty good red dot sight.

Stinkyrat

·
Gold Bullet member
4,042 Posts
Ressurecting an old thread...

Stinkyrat...did you ever order your sight?

I finally got around to ordering a PK A from Eastwave the other day. We'll see how it does on my S-12 and Saiga-x39.

Keith

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Honestally I ended up having issues with the rifle I was going to buy it for and sent the bulgy AK back to century for replacement and never got around to buying one for the new rifle they sent me.

After looking around though I really dig that PK-AS a lot more than the PK-A, considering it can be operated with and without batteries (black dot will still appear w/o the red dot being on..) I might just save up for that model.

Or just buy a VZ-58 while they are cheap... or a draco... or just a plain jane WASR. I just got my taxes done and have play money on the way... :)

Stinkyrat

·
Banned
3,525 Posts
AA-OK has the PK-A for $244....I may want one (and a scope) since I just came across a swinging deal on a SGL-31 locally,so how do the things work?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts