Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think it has something to do with the Molot rifles. They designate their rifles as KO-91/30, as seen here:

^not my photo. Credit goes to the original owner.

·
Gold Bullet Member
734 Posts
I guess the real question is: would you grab one if you saw one? The price is around $169

I had an ex-German Mosin sniper with that mark. Sold for over $300 2 years ago. It's one of the many unknown and not often seen marks as ClayShooter states. I've seen it once live and a few times posted by others. It does not come up often. I'd pick that up if I saw one again. Though for now it's just a cool mark without much $$$ value unless some one really wants one. The mark is probably post war and a "Cold War" mark, though that's me guessing.

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,880 Posts
I wonder if those are new barrels?
On that particular variety of Molot, yes, it's a newly manufactured chrome lined barrel. That model is an intermediate length between the old 91/30 and the carbines. From what I understand, they used some parts (bolts, maybe receivers) from old military Mosins.

The KO stands for "карабин охотничий" (karabin okhotnichiy) or "hunting carbine".

·
Registered
338 Posts
Unknown, but much less common than the MO stamped rifles.
Really?

I picked one up last year and while I was debating whether to get the ex-sniper, the tombstone KO, or the MO double date, someone picked up and bought the MO. I bought the other two.

I was kinda bummed that I missed out on the MO, but that's making me feel like I lucked out.

I probably should have bought all three, but I'd bought a lot of stuff I really shouldn't have around the same time and I didn't know if buying three was maybe taking it a little far. I'm sure you guys have been there before, too. ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went back and picked it up today. In case anyone is interested: It's a typical hex receiver, 1931 Izhevsk refurb in a post war stock. Serial number: 17483. I picked it out of a crate the shop just got in. I also grabbed a nice MO double date.

I also saw a couple with six pointed star stamps, and one with a 3 in a circle. These marks were on the shank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts