Gunboards Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
at this point I would say you got scammed. you're only recourse, if you decided to pursue it, is to file a law suit in small claims court. maybe that might get him up off his a$$ and either send back your money or deliver the item.

you can file a complaint with USPS, for all the good that will do you.....those guys are after big fish who use the PS for illegal activity, not the onesy and twosy who scam people

bottom line, there are no "white knights" coming to your rescue

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I haven’t had any response. I’ve been calling him every few days with nothing from him. I spoke to a police detective about a week ago, and I’d thought about the small claims court. That will likely be the next move

·
Diamond Bullet Member
7,858 Posts
Remember,
He's hoping you'll go away. Tire out and say the heck with it.

Stay vigilant, even if it's months down the road I would still attempt to get the item(s) paid for or your money back.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Don't know the situation in the States, but in Oz there is no problem in lodging a claim in the small claims court, in your state of residence, on persons/firms in another state.
However, if he is a 'man of straw' it is unlikely to be worth while. Difficult to judge what's for the best, but best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Don't know the situation in the States, but in Oz there is no problem in lodging a claim in the small claims court, in your state of residence, on persons/firms in another state.
However, if he is a 'man of straw' it is unlikely to be worth while. Difficult to judge what's for the best, but best of luck in whatever you choose to do.
thanks, I hope he will come to his senses. Nothing worst than a thief IMO

·
Gold Bullet member
2,211 Posts
madboy357 aka Kenneth Locke
Years ago I did a couple of deals with him. He is on my short list of "Do not do any deals with this guy."

Good luck OP. Keep the pressure up.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
As always, thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone. I won’t be giving up on this.

Fireman, when you delt with Kenneth, what problems did you experience in your interactions with him?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Update: I received this message from Kenneth’s cell phone a few days ago, and today my rifle arrived. Thank you everyone who has offered insight and been invested in this process

They additionally claimed that the rifle NRA purchased will be shipped soon, so hopefully he will receive his rifle very soon as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
What!!!!??? great news for you dude!!! I have received no feedback at all. please send me the phone number that you have been in contact with him.

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's awesome. Who can know what actually happened? 10 years ago, when I was 19, my younger brother sold an F150 steering wheel on a truck forum under my username, which had a lot of posts and a good reputation. Right after that, both of our parents passed away unexpectedly. It was tough and people said some pretty horrible things when I explained the situation and said I would retrieve the wheel and get it out asap (which I did after a few months-was in college in Alaska and the wheel was back home in AZ). Never got an apology when I posted a picture of their headstone a couple months later as proof and they would not open up my original account they shut down either. I guess I should not have expected it but I was doing my best given the extremely difficult circumstances. That one still kinda hurts.

Sounds like this guy actually is going through some tough times and his family is backing him up. The important thing is you got your stuff and his reputation still means something to him and his family. Glad to see this have a happy ending for you and hope it will for NRA too. For future transactions with him, people will have to use their own judgement.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well said andyman, and I’m sure that was a very tough time for you. I don’t regret my transaction and don’t wish any ill will towards the seller. Regardless of wether or not the content of the messages I received was true, I would imagine that some issue is occurring in their life. I do think a simple message and phone call after two weeks of hearing nothing would have prevented the ordeal that occurred, but it turned out alright in the end. And I’m happy with the rifle

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Might I point out with a smart phone and electronic banking one can cash checks from the convenience of their kitchen? I don’t buy the stories, but technically he could have cashed the checks while quarantined.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,842 Posts
Prayers answered..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Might I point out with a smart phone and electronic banking one can cash checks from the convenience of their kitchen? I don’t buy the stories, but technically he could have cashed the checks while quarantined.
Of course, but with a smart phone one can respond to a message or a phone call from the convenience of their kitchen as well 😉

And thank you DK Phillips for your prayers!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts