Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I don’t know where is the right place to post this, but seeing as I’m most active on this sub-forum I figured I’d stay here. (If incorrect, then please move or direct me to the appropriate location)

I fairly recently paid for a rifle on the WTS forum from a long time member, and I have not heard back from them in a month. I am worried that they have fallen under poor health or had some other problem. If you or someone you know would be willing to check on them in person please send me a PM. Otherwise, any other advice would be appreciated as to this situation.

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,097 Posts
Clarksville? I heard that if you take the last train, you can meet him at the station.

But seriously, does this member have any trader feedback? Positive or negative?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I don't know anybody in their right mind that would come up to a stranger's house and ask for someone, who is also a stranger to them, where is his stuff.

if you think you got ripped off, file a police report.

only a complete and fricken idiot would do what you are asking someone to do

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Martin08, they have one Negative feedback from 10 years ago, seems hardly relevant since they have posted and sold numerous items here in the time since. Though, perhaps there was more to that story behind that feedback now lost to time.

SfcRet, I don’t disagree with you that there are safety implications about such matters. And I would certainly not be comfortable with going and asking anything more than where he’s been. However, considering this is a long time member, and not someone who just joined yesterday with pictures taken from a sold gunbroker auction, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. But perhaps I have already given them more than enough and should just get law enforcement involved

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,097 Posts
I think that a month is plenty of time to give anyone who is not responding. If this was Gunbroker, you could begin fraud claims, or refund for non-paying bidder fees. Thirty days? Time is up!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
How did you pay....if thru a card or paypal you have options and they usually attempt to contact the seller so it may resolve that way. MO, go thru the post office to see when where cashed....then a P report.

Asking after something you purchased is not being pushy....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you pay....if thru a card or paypal you have options and they usually attempt to contact the seller so it may resolve that way. MO, go thru the post office to see when where cashed....then a P report.

Asking after something you purchased is not being pushy....
I used a postal money order. I have verified that the money order has been cashed. I guess it’s time for a police report

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just curious, have they still be posting or logging in?

Seems odd someone whose been around awhile would turn to scamming but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I sent this same member a personal check and have also not seen or heard anything. Would I have any recourse with a personal check? Yes it was cashed BTW

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I sent this same member a personal check and have also not seen or heard anything. Would I have any recourse with a personal check? Yes it was cashed BTW
Yes, you have a record and so does the bank...yours and his....did you put down what this was for on the check lower left hand corner....that could help. Do you have any emails saved.

If he is/was a good guy you may be dealing with an estate.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Yes, you have a record and so does the bank...yours and his....did you put down what this was for on the check lower left hand corner....that could help. Do you have any emails saved.

If he is/was a good guy you may be dealing with an estate.
Yes I did write what the check was for on it

Note this is listed on his profile

Join DateDec 1969
LocationCinci.O
Posts737

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious, have they still be posting or logging in?

Seems odd someone whose been around awhile would turn to scamming but stranger things have happened.
He hasn’t logged in since his WTS post a month ago.

I have all correspondences, pictures of the rifle, as well as my receipts etc for the money order saved

·
Silver Bullet member
48,440 Posts
Virus..or family deaths...
pray first,
then act in response and respect!
for this time period...(viruses deaths)
Even if he’s social distancing..
communication should continue ?
if he’s not distracted by all the emotional events..
Lord bring a relief to this confusion this week in Christ name amen...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not a good sign that he has been absent for so long. Have you searched his name to see if it pops up in the news or obits?

·
Registered
386 Posts
madboy357 aka Kenneth Locke
He last posted on Facebook 20 hours ago in a local clarksville discussion group about getting some replacement blood thinners that his cat destroyed. Doesn't want to go to the doc or ER because of Covid and/or the wait time. So he is definitely still around.

I have screenshots of the convo if you need, but I am pretty convinced it was him. Listed as "Ken Locke" from Clarksville, OH.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
He last posted on Facebook 20 hours ago in a local clarksville discussion group about getting some replacement blood thinners that his cat destroyed. Doesn't want to go to the doc or ER because of Covid and/or the wait time. So he is definitely still around.

I have screenshots of the convo if you need, but I am pretty convinced it was him. Listed as "Ken Locke" from Clarksville, OH.
sure, cant hurt to see em

·
Registered
46 Posts
Contact the Postal Inspection Department. You sent your payment via the U.S.Mail check or postal money order you were defrauded.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts