Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a nice trip to Knob Creek Ky for the machinegun shoot. It was nice to see Brian Dick and his lovely wife. They had the finest Lees in the place. One fellow had $400 Springfield Sporters Indian No.4 Mk1(T) with forestock screw and no mount or telescopic sight for the modest markup to $1300. Apparently he is an avid follower of the auction sites. I wonder if he sells it to himself periodically to drive up the price.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Interesting. I saw a $4000 P-14 at the Birch Run gun show today. Four grand. Wow. It had nice wood, though.

·
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That rifle has been around for about a year. The owner is in la la land thinking it is worth that because it has intact volley sights! All that is going to happen is over time it will get table scarred. Apparently his ego is speaking--I have it and you don't--Ya Ya Na Na! There are alot of characters who show stuff and have no intention of selling it--just teasing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Agreed. He spent a quite few minutes telling me all about those volley sights!!

·
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another sad part of the story is that some other person will walk up see the price and go home and get his and up his price and then like we see with the internet auctions--everyone talks themselves into higher prices and then complain because people don't rush to buy. It is a pity you can't buy common sense--there is a shortage.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have some common sense I would be willing to part with....but it still has the volley sights and I'm afraid it's going to be a little expensive.
-----krinko

1 - 6 of 6 Posts