Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BE ON THE LOOKOUT!! - KNOB CREEK RANGE - KOA CAMPGROUND

DATELINE 10/12/07

AUTHORITIES ARE URGING KNOB CREEK AND KOA CAMPGROUND GUNBOARDS MEMBERS TO BE ALERT AT ALL TIMES! INFORMATION HAS BEEN DEVELOPED THROUGH CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANTS THAT A REPORTED ANARCHIST IS TRAVELING TO THE AREA WITH APPROXIMATELY 90 TO 100 SUSPECTED WEAPONS. THE SUSPECTED WEAPONS ARE WHITE, OBLONG OBJECTS OF UNKNOWN CALIBER. THE ANARCHIST WAS REPORTED TO HAVE CLAIMED HE HAD 10 OF THESE OBJECTS FOR 9 OR 10 DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS.

SUSPECT IS BELIEVED TO BE IN THE AREA AT THIS TIME. AVAILABLE INFORMATION INDICATES HE TRAVELED NORTHBOUND ALONG I-75 TO CHATTANOOGA, WEST BOUND ON 1-24 TO NASHVILLE, NORTH ON I-65 TO THE KOA CAMPGROUND OUTSIDE LOUISVILLE. HE HAS CLAIMED HE WILL USE THESE DEVICES TO OBTAIN WHAT HE WANTS--BEER AND STEAKS.

IF YOU SEE THIS ANARCHIST, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONFRONT HIM. GIVE HIM BEER AND STEAKS AND WHATEVER ELSE HE WANTS AND CONTACT THE LOCAL JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY.

SlimTim

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Do you have ETA of this anarchist? The group at KOA have probably just consumed large quantities of chili...they will most likely put up a SBD defense against intruders.

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ETA is IMMEDIATELY. Campfire chili is a good defense! Good luck, you'll need it!

SlimTim

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Ahh..the RED HERRING...anarchist leads us to believe he is approaching Knob Creek..but goes to show in Birmingham and totally pillages..$75 Mosins..Finn captures to boot. Then calls Ted..while we are all eating hot smokies..to brag..I almost lost my lunch..Ted had a pained look but remained stoic.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,350 Posts
We intercepted him at the KOA. We confiscated the white club looking things from his trunk. Then we plied him with moonshine and possum chili. He never gave up any of the locations of his favorited honey holes though. I imagine right now he is still southbound on
I-75 in search of Dixie. Little does he know the hot smokies were a Yankee trick. I think he will discover that tonight later. I think he bought a plywood stocked M44 though.

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noooooo, my plans always were to go to B'ham. The anarchist, code name Young Theodore, or Y.T. for short (Call him ******) was reported as being seen leaving a Marietta gutter establishment with the white clubs of unknown caliber. I was just trying to give you KCRers a heads up. :)

B'ham was awesome. Walked almost the whole show not seeing much, only buying a Faz #4 and a Romo M44. Finally when walking the last section of the show I came across 3 tables manned by 3 Alabama types, pretty sure they post or lurk here--Doug, Danny & Stan. I bought a beautiful Argie M91 w/bayo that is awesome from Danny, had my hands full so I left Doug's $75 M91 to make a car run & unload. Before I could get back, I saw a guy walking out with the M91. :( No matter, plenty more I thought. Went back, the Finn made (not capture) M91/30 was also gone. There were at least 10 Swede M96s and M38s on the 3 tables from $250 up, I think only 4 were there by the time I left. There were 4 CZ-52s on the 3 tables, each was $150 and was complete--2 mags, holster, rod, lanyard. Also a Venny ($749?) and Egyptian ($4xx-can't recall) FN49s, a Ljungman, er, Svede ag42b for $875, a Hakim ($4??), and Imbel/Century L1A1 Sporter with 4 mags for $650, 3 more M91 Mosins but missing handguards and upper bands, 3 M39s for $225 ea., in addition to about 12 M91/30s, half Finn captuers, all priced $85-$115 or so each. These 3 guys were really our type of fellows! Had a hard time leaving a nice Faz #4 Mk II for $225 there, but my fun money was down to 1/2 tank and I have another show next week.

Also saw and left a nice Savage #4 on another table marked $225, a 1917 M96 Svede for $175 missing the cleaning rod, a Sino-Soviet SKS for $195, all matching. Hurt to leave that one too. Saw another Ljungman for $600 or $650 also.

Not much of crowd, either they were watching football or went north to some machine gun shoot. I'm guessing some of these will be there tomorrow, though my 3 new pals were sure selling out fast.

So, how were the pole barns?

SlimTim

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Sorry about the inference...pole barn stank..not much to choose from and pricey...but I feel pretty good since THE BIG BLUE just beat LSU in triple overtime! Kentucky fans have not had an opportunity to celebrate like this in a long time! The B-show sounded great..like something from the past.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am now in possession of one full case of the alleged weapons. They are "headstamped" with the letters "AMF", and I think I detected a "Brunswick" cartouche on one as well. They appear to have been run in some kind of "full-auto" feeding device for quite some time... If the alleged perp has any spares, a strike just may be imminent.

-Bean

·
Registered
945 Posts
Any "dipping" being done was definitely NOT "skinny".

Just look at this bunch, way too many fat guys for most any to be confused with being skinny!

·
Registered
945 Posts
KeithReid had what looks to be a flame shooting out of his chest...
Must've been heartburn from the chili...?

·
Premium Member
105,709 Posts
And to think I almost loaded up the Olds with petrol and headed south. Wished I would have gone now. :(

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, Pop Reid was there, looks like he brought along his baby boy. :)

SlimTim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts