Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to see there today as far as Maks go...Cole's had several (5-7) East Germans ranging from $235 to $350. The pricey one was in really nice shape and had the EG police armory record with it.

Came home with some custom molded ear plugs, a bottle of Militec-1, some Cyalume light sticks, an AR-15 sight tool, a fair amount of ammo, and the obligatory T-shirt.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Ya beat me to it. Coles was the only place I saw Maks.

I got a Dr Pepper and two Hot Dogs for $5......and FINALLY..... an 'elZetta' mount for a flashlight to go on my Bushy. Spent a total of $35...may go back tomorrow.

Dry and dusty too. BIG crowd.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Mr MItch:
If you go back to the Creek tomorrow appreciate it if you get me a size L tee shirt; black if available.
Pm me your info and I'll send funds.
Appreciate it.
riflemanone

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sorry dude...didn't go. Bum knee was hurting too bad. Next April...contact me and I'll surely do that for you, or....maybe sooner if I go to the Creek just to browse the goodies. I go several times a year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question about Knob Creek. My dad and I go to the Louisville SOS in the first part of the year (Feb/Mar), a tradition for about 7 years now. I see ads about Knob Creek and I think we pass the turn off on the way to the Patton Museum. Do they just have shoots? By your post, I hear gun show. Is it comparable to SOS? Do they have a shoot and a show together? I drive from KC and he from WI, would it be worth the extra trip? We plan on SOS early next year, then Tulsa later, so a shoot/show would be a nice addition. Thanks

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Question about Knob Creek. Do they just have shoots?
Yeah.... They have SHOOTS! Just INCREDIBLE! You gotta go. They have a small - medium gun show too, but the shoot is what you gotta see. Especially the NIGHT SHOOT!

Check this link:
http://www.machinegunshoot.com/

They used to have a LOT of pics on their site, but check out the forums for that now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dude! 48mb video file??!! I hope he's not on dialup!
I gave up on dial up years ago. That was just awful. Unfortunately my dad is in the sticks and cable modem is like science fiction to them! I am burning it on to a cd and will send it to him. I think we have a winner for a new tradition. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mak4me,

You must make Knob Creek at least once in your life. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is incredible to observe. Nothing like a GE minigun spitting 7.62 at 6000rpm.

The gun show that goes along with the machine gun shoot is really nice, especially if you are looking for ammo, milsurp, AR-15 parts, or Class II/III weapons. I always go on Friday as the crowds are a little slimmer and you get first shot at the gun show goodies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts