Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there anything in the kit besides the two sears, four springs and four screws and wrench? Don is making the parts and would like to hear from those of you with a complete kit.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Was there anything in the kit besides the two sears, four springs and four screws and wrench? Don is making the parts and would like to hear from those of you with a complete kit.
There was also two firing pins. This kit is complete according to the manual.

Attachments

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I forgot to note the pins, there may have been two of those "springy things" that went through the hole in the bottom of the shaft the range adjustment knob fits on to keep the nut securing the knob from working loose.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Yeah, I forgot to note the pins, there may have been two of those "springy things" that went through the hole in the bottom of the shaft the range adjustment knob fits on to keep the nut securing the knob from working loose.
I've seen parts kits with the split rings in them but the manual doesn't show them in the parts kit. There is another split ring at the bottom of the elevating shaft inside the base.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,134 Posts
Dawgs, I'm helping Jerry Price on his article that covers this parts pouch, but according to the manual, there should be 4 springs and 1 more spring that is different from the other 4, but do you have those in your packet and which use are these spare springs ? Thanks pal !

·
Gold Bullet member
6,134 Posts
Dawgs, yep, my mistake on the 5th spring. The sp packet should contain 1 x spanner, 2 x sear cogs, 4 x sear connector leaf spring, 4 x small screw for spring, 2 x firing pin, and that's it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Dawgs, yep, my mistake on the 5th spring. The sp packet should contain 1 x spanner, 2 x sear cogs, 4 x sear connector leaf spring, 4 x small screw for spring, 2 x firing pin, and that's it.
Thanks for clearing that up! That's what my kit has still in grease & wax paper wrapping.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bag would be the hardest part for Don, his sewing is atrocious.

·
Platinum Bullet member
962 Posts
Ronin48, that hurts :).
I think finding the correct canvas material for both the pouch and tie strap would be the difficult thing. Why not venture out into something else I know nothing about. I just figure it's a learning experiance:)

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Schlickman, I'm on to you. You stick a square of metal into your magic machine, set it for what-ever, turn it on, lean back with your hands cupped behind your head and in a few minutes out pops whatever you set it for. Sewing machines don't work that way.

BTW. My Roy Boone cut-away Type 14 "display" table at AGCA was next to George Taylor's rifle sales table. He had a nice looking 97 sniper and scope I eye balled. For kicks and giggles I checked the price, $1700, about the value of the scope, I looked again and it was one of your repro, solid-tube, no optics units, had the near-sighted old master fooled for a minute. Your magic machine does a good job..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts