Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bob, The plaque is one of the things we would like to know about. Also the marking on bottom of stock at the wrist. These can be seen under heading More KKW pictures. Also is this gun correct, other than the missing top wood. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hi Bob, The plaque is one of the things we would like to know about. Also the marking on bottom of stock at the wrist. These can be seen under heading More KKW pictures. Also is this gun correct, other than the missing top wood. Thanks.
I don't see the "More KKW Pics" option.... just the 4 pics. The gun appears very correct from what little I can see. The bolt will be serialled and the wood inside the barrel channel will also be stamped to match...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
In MN on business so not near my reference. But my guess is that the plaque is a property indicator (shooting club or org) while the stamped marking on the bottom is for a distributor. Again just a guess.

Scott

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
looks like a retailers stamp and shield. That kkw is post april 1940 as it had eagle/n proof marks. Also I'd like to know
if the front sight base is cut for a sight hood. It looks as though it has the early smaller banner . Which mauser switched to a larger banner shortly after you're rifle was made. It's missing the handguard and band spring which may or may not be interchangeable with a k98.. Mauser kkw's are the only kkw that have all the same features as a k98. Especially the later ones..I'd like to see a better close up of the stamp and shield..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts