Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mauser KKK .22 trainer. I have to replace the safety that broke and I have a gunsmith who will make me a new safety. Only problem is we dont know how to disassemble the bolt that bears little similarity to the big brother.

Any help out there???

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Of course, you mean KKW.... the K98 and KKW both have the bolt release button to allow the guts to be unscrewed from the body. The safe should be at the 12:00 position when you start. Depress the lock button and turn the guts counter-CW.... Unlike, the 98, just rotate the guts from the body and pull the guts out (no long period of unscrewing the guts out like the 98. Now, place firing pin in the take down disc, pull down the safe assembly, unscrewed the cocking piece, and you've done it.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob, I have three trainers and neither have a bolt release button. I have searched every sq mm of the bolt with no luck. Two Mauser Oberndorfs amd one Erma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.