Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the Kingston Armory rifles? I read somewhere they made a copy of the M1 rifle and M14 rifle in 22lr. Does anyone have one and are they reliable and how do they shoot.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Overpriced, somewhat unreliable, and out of business almost as quickly as they came in.
They didn't last long on the market with only a few thousand rifles produced. They were based on an aftermarket 10/22 action.
Now that they're gone, they may pick up a collector following.

Just briefly looked them up. A bit of memory refresh as I had only heard of their M1.
Apparently the M14 version never made it to market. A few did via liquidation auction.

An $800+ Ruger clone should shoot better than it looks in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Overpriced, somewhat unreliable, and out of business almost as quickly as they came in.
They didn't last long on the market with only a few thousand rifles produced. They were based on an aftermarket 10/22 action.
Now that they're gone, they may pick up a collector following.

Just briefly looked them up. A bit of memory refresh as I had only heard of their M1.
Apparently the M14 version never made it to market. A few did via liquidation auction.

An $800+ Ruger clone should shoot better than it looks in my opinion.
Kingston M1 ,I have 7 all shoot excellent . Handle like a M1 Garand and shoot one inch groups for me at 25 yards !! If you want a 10/22 than buy a standard Ruger for $275.00 . If you want to want a .22 cal. look alike M1 buy a Kingston M1 and enjoy .

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You said you have 7. Are yours some of the first ones they made or the later ones? What is the lowest sn# you have?

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I went over to the RFC site.
With that many good ones in your experiencemy impression is at least some were lucky, worked on, or had replacement parts from Ruger or Volquarsen etc.
Of the several threads pertaining to Kingston there was more bad feedback than good. One thread was 24 pages long.
Although, once repaired the owners were satisfied. With the kind of money spent there should be no need to repair/replace before using.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts