Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject came up some time back,of scottish regiments,I noticed this kilt up for sale on a site in NZ.This was worn by the NZ Scottish regiment (no longer in existence) apparently they wore the Black watch tartan,this regiment was made up of men from the two southernmost provinces in NZ,Otago and Southland,a very large percentage of immigrants to these areas came from Scotland (mine for example) and so they were formed into Scottish regiments as happened also in other parts of the commonwealth.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
my ancestors also went to austrailia and new zealand , the brothers of the man who went to canada that im decendant from , my imeadiate family has in the past made contact with the rest but i would love to know them before my time is up and my collection dispersed ,

ive got some research to do on the family to determine the correct tartan , for now im infatuated with this one .....

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
my ancestors also went to austrailia and new zealand , the brothers of the man who went to canada that im decendant from , my imeadiate family has in the past made contact with the rest but i would love to know them before my time is up and my collection dispersed ,

ive got some research to do on the family to determine the correct tartan , for now im infatuated with this one .....
Tha's no a kilt, its a skirt!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
Short kilt, skilt, or whatever; it definitely needs research.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts