Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is that time of the year again. Time for the NRA Board of Directors election. Life members and annual members of 5 consecutive years are eligable to vote. your ballot should be in your magazine this month. Instead of insuring a certain candidate gets elected, we need to get one off!

Help me get this out. This year Joaquin Jackson is up for reelection on the NRA board of directors. In an interview he stated that he believes civilians should be limited to 5 round magazines. Sounds like a NY politician rather than someone we need fighting the Obama machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE

Now the way the elections work is that 25 of the 28 are voted on. Normally in a strategy to get someone on, you would vote for that person alone, as a vote for others would dilute the effectiveness of your vote for the one candidate. In this case we need to vote for 25, and not vote for Jackson.

Please spread to NRA members you know!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't normally vote in the NRA elections but I think this guy might make me change that this year...

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,793 Posts
What did Joaquin do now? He is getting a bit past it, and has been for some time, but what now? Being unwilling to read robertmcm's posts.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
What did Joaquin do now? He is getting a bit past it, and has been for some time, but what now? Being unwilling to read robertmcm's posts.

He claims to understand the 2nd and then speaks in support of mag limits and AWB.

I too will vote in this NRA election/

·
Registered
24,831 Posts
And ya gotta vote for The Nugg! Ted, that is. ;)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I'll take the time to vote too. We don't need to be sold out and undermined by our own.
So Jackson no, Nugent yes.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
robertmcm
Silver Bullet member
This message is hidden because robertmcm is on your ignore list.

Thanks, Rooinek. Please post a link to Jackson's senile babbling. Is he one of the over the hill gang who think you don't need more than 5 to 10 rounds in a magazine and want to inflict their preferred rifle esthetics on the rest of us, something even the DOJ says is useless from the crime control point of view? He should have considered the fate of S&W and Ruger's problems before opening his trap.

·
Registered
24,831 Posts
My ballot went out today - Johnson ain't marked!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thanks, Rooinek. Please post a link to Jackson's senile babbling. Is he one of the over the hill gang who think you don't need more than 5 to 10 rounds in a magazine and want to inflict their preferred rifle esthetics on the rest of us, something even the DOJ says is useless from the crime control point of view? He should have considered the fate of S&W and Ruger's problems before opening his trap.
The link as requested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thank you for the link. Our Founding fathers would spin in their graves, to hear it told that they "gave" us the Freedoms we have as Rights.
God gave all living creatures the Right to self defense! The Founding Fathers merely enumerated those Rights of which the Government would
have limited oversight, stating that all Rights not specifically mentioned or limited to the government in the Constitution, are retained by the
States and the People.

The instant that some know-it-all mouths off and gets it wrong, we voters do our best to make that person a private citizen, far from any center
of power! Though some of my firearms hold only 5 rounds, at this time, that doesn't mean that my plans are limited in future developments!

·
Copper Bullet Member
5,889 Posts
First time I have ever voted but appears to be time

Joaquin Jackson was selected by the nominating committee, but after watching the video I think they messed up big time. Five rounds max is even less than New York.Will be mailing my ballot tommorow.Anyone else on their list I need to know about?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would love to kick Joaquin Jackson off the NRA board, maybe even just for owning his first name, but the NRA took my voting privileges away from me a long time ago.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,793 Posts
I would love to kick Joaquin Jackson off the NRA board, maybe even just for owning his first name, but the NRA took my voting privileges away from me a long time ago.
Got to be a member to vote. Joaquin's daddy gave him the name, for unknown reasons - pretty hsrd to hold that against him in any fashion at all. Given some of the things in ONE RANGER, I'd tend to think some of his bitterness over certain events in his past are coming through.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just got my ballot yesterday and it will go out without him being marked.

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,916 Posts
Joaquin Jackson was selected by the nominating committee, but after watching the video I think they messed up big time. Five rounds max is even less than New York.Will be mailing my ballot tommorow.Anyone else on their list I need to know about?
I think the nominating committee is part of the problem, too. I sent my ballot in today but I'm afraid that the real decision is made by the nominating committee. I wonder how much my ballot really matters?

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,148 Posts
My son, daughter and I have just cast our ballets and he wasn't on them. We don't need someone like him with his holier than thou attitude.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In all fairness, this is old news BUT I still try to get him off every time. Thanks for the rest of you considering this as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts