Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This what my son sent back during his tour in Afghanistan, .303 caliber

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,777 Posts
It's always interesting to see the variations and how the previous owner decorated them. I had one apart & it sure looked like it had been hacked from stock with a cold chisel. Thanks for the pics!! SW

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
This what my son sent back during his tour in Afghanistan, .303 caliber
Neat souvenir. Can post closer pictures of the marking on the side?

Got Cousins, first second and third level In Junction City-Springfield-Eugene-Marcola area.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DoubleD, I'll get my son-in-law back to get close-ups later today.
Looks like the hodgie that had it only had a no.8 stamp to embelish the sides with.
No way I would shoot it with smokeless powder. Toyed with the idea of making some light loads with lead bullets but I think the better judgment would be to never shoot it ever. It took me 3 days of research to mack sure this was not a cut down rifle, it's not. If you are wondering my son bought it out of a tent for $75. Took a lot of paperwork to get permission to get it sent to me. Came through the US postal service

·
Sponsor
953 Posts
That is one of the nicer looking ones I've seen.....would still be hesitant to shoot it though!

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.