Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Safety indents do not look right to me either.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Looks to be a Khyber.
Though, I must say that's about as close to uniformity as I've yet seen in stenciling. But still rougher than even the roughest Russian stamps. The crude arsenal stamp and the rough, uneven slide grooves solidify the fakery.

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,352 Posts
"Put them all together they spell Darra!" (Sung to the tune "Mother".) Even with no more pictures, the decidedly non Russian "F" along with the slightly irregular slide serrations, and the safety indents pretty much sum it all up. Good eyes fellows! Regards, ABTOMAT

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Possibly, there's another picture in the link that's a little more convincing but I'm not totaly sure about it. IIRC 91 is about when they went to the two digit date and I'm also thinking they changed the hole under the barrel from "D" shape to round. From what I see it's probably a Kyber gun but I wouldn't bet on it without being able to see it in person. If it's a copy then it's about as good a one as I've seen pics of.
This is where we miss scottb and as much as I hate to say it IJ70 to, they both had a lot of information on Russian Makarov updates.

·
Administrator
7,410 Posts
I don't see any confusion. The serial number and country code are just not engraved to factory standards. That's the end of the story to me and I don't need Scottb or IJ70. The engraving is the first thing you look at when visiting the weapons booth at a bazaar in Afghanistan. If I'm not right, someone please show a photo of a Russian military Makarov with such sloppy engraving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts