Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Never seen a KFS (Keng’s in GA?) imported Luger. Makes me think it came from China. I’d get it for $750 assuming the bore is ok. If you don’t take it, pls lmk where it is and I’ll take a stab.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Cool, I will if I don't take it.

But for even a mix-master, its a decent price?
These days? It’s ok. I see the overall value and market has taken a dip recently, but Lugers won’t go down in value unless Turkey or some other stockpiling nation unloads a stash like they did recently with WWII era ammo

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
750.00 for a shooter Luger is a good price.

I see imperial proof markings, assume this is a WWI era Luger. What is the chamber date, and or maker, ( Erfurt or DWM)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The Imperial proofs/acceptance marks on the left side of the cannon lead me to believe that (at least the cannon) is a 1908 First Issue.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Then the toggle assembly is WWII Mauser (byf) made. But the rest of the gun, is most likely of WWI era.

There should be a date stamped ahead of the byf marking on the barrel.
A “First Issue” won’t have a date on the receiver ring. Those began in 1910, IIRC.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Honestly? Like anything, pure luck is it.

I did end up buying it. I don't see any frame cracks, so hopefully its ok to shoot.

Any recommendations on what weight 9mm to use? I know any +p is 100% a no go.
Nice. Congrats
I just took my shooter to the range today to run some 115 gn LRN reloads with close to starting loads of Zip. Zero issues. People say Lugers need hot 124 gn euro spec loads… not my experience

1 - 13 of 13 Posts