Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these because I wanted one for my 1917 and will most likely.keep the green for a Thompson. I will put the rest in the trader but don't really have an idea on which one to keep for the 1917 or a value for the trader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Measurements are close but not exact.
No1 short 15" long 45"
No2 short 15" long 46"
No3 short 14" long 42" with free loop
No4 short 16" long 50" with a free loop and what looks like a brass keeper. Darker hardware
No5 short 15" long 43"
No6 short 15" long 44"

I did read the sticky but still confused!!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
For Kerr Slings:
-For the M1917, the Kerr sling long piece should be 54 inches long, the short piece at 16 inches.
-For the M1903, the long length is 48 inches and the short length around 14-1/2 inches.
-For the Thompson, the long piece is 40 inches long.

I'd remeasure them and make sure they are laid out flat to get an accurate measurement. The Thompson slings could be stretched but it sounds like you have a M1917 sling (#4) and one Thompson sling (#3) for sure. The other four could be either Thompson slings or M1903 slings. If they are closer to 48 inches, I would guess they are M1903s but again, you need to remeasure them with the creases and folds removed and laid out flat to make sure.

Others will probably know better than me but from what I have seen (just from when they pop up at auction, etc.)
-For the M1917 depending on condition, the value is $75-125. Looking at the one picture of yours (the khaki colored one I think) that probably a fair range.
-For the M1903, its probably $60-75. Some people may de-value the post WW2 markings like the MRT stamped one.
-For the Thompson, I don't really know.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got a chance to lay them out and measure them. These are the long ends laid out from end of buckle to end of loop.

1 45.5"
2 46"
4 50.5"
5 45.5"
6 46"

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.