Gunboards Forums banner

Kenner, La. show today.

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ncreptile 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Went to the local show today. Plenty of over priced Mosin Nagant rifles, not a Finn in sight. No Tula's. One former 1928 Izhevsk Dragoon. Typical refirb. One rifle was interesting maybe. Had a "PK" Prefix in front of the serial number, somethin' like that. Is that something special? Bought a Japanese type 44 carbine. Foldin' bayonet and matching cept' for a coupla' small parts. Scarce carbine.

Lancebeer

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I was there picked up a 91/59 with 80 rds of ammunition nice an clean forced matched, the deal was ok but not great. I saw a few US rifles. I am always amazed at the seller who I call the CMP guy who doses great finish work and makes no bones about reselling all the CMP rifles he just bought. I always ask if they are CMP guns and he tells me yes. Today he asked me why I ask and I told him I like to look at his items so I can see what is coming out of CMP before I order mine. I am leaving on vacation in the morning and did not have the time to deal on anything.
Hey Nola,

If that's the guy that had a bunch of Garands and Carbines, I sold him a QHMC, not CMP.

LB

Discussion starter · #9 ·
What do you consider "over priced?" I'm always interested in knowing what Mosins are selling for in other parts of the country.
Hey Konstanty,

Hundred forty to two hundred for typical WWII dated refirbs. One ex-dragoon was cool but had the billboard, one eighty if I remember. There was a sniper refirb for five hundred, but wood finish was nasty. Probably a put together.

Lancebear

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Lancebeer? Must have been a killer show!

Hey Mat,

I wouldn't call it a killer show, just the usual if you know who does what and how to deal with them. Homework is important. The people with the tables get the deals. One guy I know bought a Webley .455 auto with the Naval Broad Arrow and unit markings for fourteen hundred. Not many made and most were reworked. I'd swear this one was not and in fine shape. He knew nothing about it except he stole it. Could be a two to four thousand dollar pistol.

I sold my carbine fast and had spending money. Ya' gotta' look at everything at this show to find a treasure, sometimes it does not happen. I checked every Mosin I saw hoping to maybe find a SCW rifle. No go. I had money burnin' a hole in my pocket but I wanted to find something nice and bring some profit home also. A nice couple had a few interesting pieces, I helped them sell one. An H & R .32 in fine condition designed by Webley but made by H & R in the USA starting in 1916 or so. Nearly new. They also had the same pistol in .25, which is a caliber I have no interest in but has the Webley connection.
It is maybe the best made and tiniest .25 ever made. It was perfect, NOS. Husband said it came in the box but it fell apart. I almost tried to make a deal for it at three fifty but went walkin' around some more. Went back to Treasure Hunt's table and found the Japanese second variation M44 carbine. All matching cept' for the floor plate and firing pin. Nice bright wood with no cracks, all apart now. I'm good.

Lancebear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.