Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kel Tec .32 that will not feed the last round in the mag. This pistol had been fired 100-125 times and still has the problem. Ammo is full metal jacket Remington and has adequate Breakfree lube. Any suggestions as to why I have a problem?
Thanks,
442Man

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Like sglenn said...get another mag and try it. If you have a Dremel tool, polish your feed ramp and add more lube. I suspect the mag is the problem. I had a P32 and didn't have any problems with feeding. I also polished the feedramp in case there was the smallest of burrs on the ramp.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If it's the last round only I'd suspect that the angle on the mag follower is not to spec. Is this a factory mag or aftermarket?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's the last round only I'd suspect that the angle on the mag follower is not to spec. Is this a factory mag or aftermarket?
It is a KelTec mag and marked Mecgar. I did not have the other mag with me while at the range so I'll give it a try.
Many thanks for the assistance.
Regards,
442Man

·
Gold Bullet member
1,433 Posts
It could be a weak mag spring but the Mec-Gar mags that come with Kel-Tec's are excellent quality.
Are you getting "smiley's" on your next bullet in the mag after each shot? They look like this:

This if from the cartridge being pushed against the feedramp. Polishing the feedramp with a dremel and jewlers rouge can help but the easiest fix is to only use cartridges with rounded bullet noses. The other issue is rim lock. Since 32ACP is a semi-rimmed case you'll sometimes have a round hang up on the rim of the case below. Not sure the fix for this but the first thing I would do is try a new mag.
Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm a KT fan but I don't have a P32. You could always search or ask over at the KTOG P32 forum Good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It could be a weak mag spring but the Mec-Gar mags that come with Kel-Tec's are excellent quality.
Are you getting "smiley's" on your next bullet in the mag after each shot? They look like this:

This if from the cartridge being pushed against the feedramp. Polishing the feedramp with a dremel and jewlers rouge can help but the easiest fix is to only use cartridges with rounded bullet noses. The other issue is rim lock. Since 32ACP is a semi-rimmed case you'll sometimes have a round hang up on the rim of the case below. Not sure the fix for this but the first thing I would do is try a new mag.
Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm a KT fan but I don't have a P32. You could always search or ask over at the KTOG P32 forum Good luck.
The last round catches about mid way of the bullet, no marks like the photo. Next step is a new mag first chance and thanks for the info and pics.
Best Regard,
442Man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts