Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to help fill the new board with mausers... And to learn the controls at the same time. Here's my Kar98A, all matching except for the stacking hook, 1920 stamped and reblued for Weimar use. The stock has been sanded by a previous owner, sadly, but otherwise it is a nice Weimar rework of a WWI rifle. The sling is original, 1937 stamped, so pre WWII.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Wow! Outstanding rifle - I love the original sling!!

I've wanted a 98a for some time. I hope I can find one like that.

T

·
Registered
632 Posts
BC, that is a sweet rifle. I think I have it's sister. I will have to double check later, but I believe my 1917 Erfurt is also a "pp" in the 4000 series. Was your duffle-cut?

·
Registered
632 Posts
BC, I have the sister, but she is the younger one. #8XXX pp :)

Unfortunately both of mine were duffle cut, bring backs by my dad's uncle. So I am not complaining as they are complete and free! I think I mentioned on the old -old forums that my 1916 even has the trench cover and both have the original flip up muzzle covers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a very well perserved Kar98A Erfurt 1917 that my grandfather brought back as a trophy.... I was shooting it up until 10 years ago but have not because I do not know if it is still safe to shoot... Is there anyway to easily tell ? I am also looking for an origonal bayonet, does anyone know where they can be found... and last but not least, what is the going rate for this type of gun ? thanks much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts