Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of Mosin Nagants (an M-38 and an M-44), both good shooters. I'm considering mounting a Kalinka Optics PU scope on my M-38. Has anyone used one of these scopes from Kalinka? If so, what are your opinions? How are the optics? Does it hold zero? How is it in low light? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

congratulations on having 2 fine Russian Mosin Nagant rifles. :D

Here in the collectors forum we generally prefer to keep our rifles all original. however the workbench forum may be a good place to ask your question. :)

Personally I say keep your rifles the way they are and look for a maybe a 91/30 repro sniper or even an authentic one.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
PR.....it's the Holidays....though I'm not sure you'll get many seasons greetings asking that question in a "collectors" forum.

The question you've asked can be compared with tieing ribeyes to your legs and running through a junkyard guarded by the baddest dogs you can imagine.

You'll litterally get the same response.

Lace up your running shoes tight.

Happy Holidays

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,097 Posts
The Kalinka Optics scope is a good scope with modern, improved, coated optics but really doesn't have an "authentic" look. Also, I believe it is one with the reticle staying centered and the image moves unlike an original. A better choice in my opinion is one of the Ukrainian copies as sold by Interordnance and I think Accumounts still has them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes! Sorry about posting in the wrong forum! I appreciate not being flamed for doing so. Happy Holidays to everyone!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yikes! Sorry about posting in the wrong forum! I appreciate not being flamed for doing so. Happy Holidays to everyone!
Bottom line, they are your guns, do as you like.

BUT

I'd think a sniper repro scope would look best on a 91/30, not a carbine. I'd rather put on a non-destructive scout scope than permanently alter my Mosin.

Merry Christmas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.