Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I went around looking for you. The weather was warm and dry with a lot of dust blowing around. During the evening a cold front with rain moved in and made some very realistic conditions for us. The temps. were in the low 40's and lots of rain. Saturday ended up being a replay of Friday night with highs in the 40's and more rain in the afternoon. Other than the weather, there was lots of activity and lots of sitting and waiting.....kinda like the real war I suppose.

Maybe I am one of the odd re-enactors out there, but I actually prefer the realism of being forced to sit in the trench and not popping caps.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you think my uniform is clean.....I would hate to see what your definition of dirty is! ;^) I leave a dust trail when I walked around in my kit. Also, there were at least 4 guys in those photos that are new recruits, so they are wearing new uniforms.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What pics? What panties?
John,

I removed the photos because of the commentary from the peanut gallery. I posted the photos for enjoyment of my fellow members, but I did not post them to listen to critical commentary, especially from people who are talking out of their arse.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks John!

There are some overweight guys out there, but there also those of us that are well within the range of WW1 Frontsoldaten. I hear negative comments all the time from hecklers about fat re-enactors, but you know what....at least these guys are our enjoying themselves and not sitting on a couch watching others participate in physical activities.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks everyone!

I have some more, but it will take me a bit to get them resized and hosted. Had a great time at the event, found a nice original WW1 pattern French pack, but it is dated in the 20's. Much cheaper than a war dated one, but will display just as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.