Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,356 Posts
Aww come on Jebber, why do they always have to degenerate into photos of me in my undies?

I believe that we have already done a thread of heavey and old German soldiers, by the last years of the war, every man who could hold a rifle was in uniform, unless they had a job of importance at home.
I enjoyed the photos, thanks for posting the Paul, I understand why you removed them, but it is possible that other posts on this thread should be removed. (like Jebbers post of me in my undies, I thouught only Tuco had a copy of that photo)
Best wishes
gus

· Registered
4,356 Posts
Gus, I agree wholehearteddy. And I darn near fell out of my chair when I saw that picture. I'll bet Maggie was rolling her eyes when she took that photo! As a side note, do you still have that much snow or is that a reenactment?
Hey TP, that photo was taken in 2002, I was waiting for a reproduction Kiwi uniform coming from New Zealand, the photo was taken to show the fellow in NZ that it had not arrived yet, the one in the Italian tunic was a few years later, and the reason was the same, I was waiting for a pair of trousers from Italy.
We do not have any snow tight now, but we did get nearly an inch of rain in the past 24 hours, my nieghbors think I am lucky, because I just got my hay planted the day before, they are still not sure that I am actually a minor weather god yet, but they are starting to believe.

Best wishes
Gus

PS I do not have a speedo, but I could order one, and then I would ahve to go to the mail box yet again

· Registered
4,356 Posts
You can nitpik, but if you look at period photos, you will find that they are worn both ways, the way you discribe is the way they were intended to be worn, but about half did it the other waqy around. And that makes the photo accurate, as one has his open to the front and the other has his open to the back.
Gus

· Registered
4,356 Posts
Ha ha, Anyone who stands around with a rifle will do the same, at least you are not resting it on somelse's foot. I met a fellow who served as a guard at the pallace in London, he told about a time when a tourist stood too close during one of their drills, when his rifle butt hit the ground, her foot was in the way. He also mentiond that they way they got the nice sound when the butt hit the ground, was to loosen the butt screws a bit so the butt plate could move. This is all unimportant, I just wanted to see haw many times I could get the word butt past the moderators.
Best wishes
Gus

· Registered
4,356 Posts
Hey OMK,
Wool is a very comfortable material, it insulates both ways and breaths, I usually wear a sheepshin vest in the summer and winter, and find it comfortable even when it is hot, and it protects me from sunburn.
Gus
PS up in the north, the sun can be shining when it is 40 below:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.